SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
It's no secret I despise this time of year and find precious little to motivate me through the winter months. I decided to reprocess some shots from the Torren Lochan from July 2017. My tastes have changed a little since then so I thought I'd give the RAW files a fresh look. This was probably the best ever evening I have had here.

_DSC0794 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC0815 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

This will be the last thread I post until 2019 so I hope you all have a great new year.

Last edited:
It's no secret I despise this time of year and find precious little to motivate me through the winter months. I decided to reprocess some shots from the Torren Lochan from July 2017. My tastes have changed a little since then so I thought I'd give the RAW files a fresh look. This was probably the best ever evening I have had here.

_DSC0794 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC0815 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

This will be the last thread I post until 2019 so I hope you all have a great new year.
The 2nd shot here is much better imo as the colours are not so washed out by the lowering sun.

Two very nice shots, but like others I prefer the second shot. To me it has more punch and colour.(y)

George.

Both nice images but for me it's the second one as well. For me the first one is a bit bright and it seems to loose the fine detail in the brightness. That may just be my eyes or because I'm looking at it on my phone though

I prefer the first as well. The light on the trees in the centre is what gives it the edge for me, more interest I think.

We're all different. I am doing a massive reprocessing and backing up exercise - weeding out images I have no need/use/want for and re-working the best ones. I nearly chucked two but couldn't bring myself too.
Second for me. I prefer the darker tones.
Happy New year Steve.
You away for a few days?

I despise winter with all my being Robert, staying in and reprocessing some old images I think I can get better - and watching too much TV and eating too much. All the best for 2019 - I hope it will be a good year for you. Truth be told, I cannot see how 2018 can be bettered so I enter 2019 with a little trepidation.
Happy New Year to you, it’s always a pleasure to see your images.

Thanks - and happy new year to you too :D

Last edited:
Happy New Year when it comes. I'm another vote for two. It has more depth to my eye as a previous poster said. The light on the trees in the middle loses that nice layering effect they have in the second as they are almost the same colour as the hillside

Both nice but number 2 gets my vote. I can imagine this place in Autumn, with the lovely colours in the trees, reflected on a still evening. I must go there.

Both nice but number 2 gets my vote. I can imagine this place in Autumn, with the lovely colours in the trees, reflected on a still evening. I must go there.

It is nice in autumn but doesn’t quite catch the light as well as it does in the summer.

Autumn up in Glencoe was laughably bad. Next autumn I’m off abroad.

Back