The Travelling Superzoom - Roll #1

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
At last, you can see the fruits of our labours!

This thread contains all 37 photos from the first roll of film (Kodak Colorplus) shot with The Travelling Superzoom (see this thread if you don't have a clue what this is on about, and see this thread for photos from roll #2).

The photos are posted in chronological order and split by the person who took them.

So, without further ado...

Last edited:
I'm impressed by the variety as much as the quality. Well done all.

31 is screaming for a caption. As is 28.

Who's that hansom chap?

or

Good grief, you'll frighten the horses :LOL:

I was thinking more "Look at my massive.... shadow...." [can't unsee]

AS said some excellent shots, quite mpresive from a compact!
I have to confirm that I did not expect my frames to come out anything as good as thay have albiet a couple are a tad overexposed
No's 8 and 9 were taken from windows inside the central tower of the old bridge across the village river.
The tower is only open sparodically throughout the year by volonteers, usually in summer.
The old photos etc on display inside are very interesting and show that most of the village actually hasn't changed much over the decades.
The riverside wall seen on the lhs in shot 8 where there are a group of folk sat on it, is where I often find myself passing time with the locals having been accepted as a "Sospelois" ( in reality a Sospelois is someone who is born in the village )but nice, as a foreigner to be accepted with such a title and allowed to join the local crowd who accumulate there!

it made me wonder what I am doing with all that other gear :confused:

enjoying using it….Hopefully!

Assuming your talking predominantly about LF, there is no comparison is there, let's be honest.?
It's like trying to compare LF or any other format of film togging alongside digital.

enjoying using it….Hopefully!

Assuming your talking predominantly about LF, there is no comparison is there, let's be honest.?
It's like trying to compare LF or any other format of film togging alongside digital.
I was thinking more about medium format and digital. What would some of those shots looked like on Portra or Fuji Pro or Ektachrome? May be those films would have shown up the weaknesses of the camera but I would like to try.

The camera isn't the best, to be honest (IMO at least). It's not awful, but it's definitely a little soft focussed when compared to the other compacts I have (my two Canon Sure Shot models, and the Pentax Espio too). I think the Mju range of cameras (not just the Mju and Mju II - all of them) have the edge on image quality for Olympus compacts. The SuperZoom range was the lower quality set.

As something you can just chuck in your pocket when you go for a walk without any real fear of it being damaged or costing much to replace, it does pretty nicely though.

As something you can just chuck in your pocket when you go for a walk without any real fear of it being damaged or costing much to replace, it does pretty nicely though.

I think along those lines about the intrepid tbh as that is smallest, lightest, cheapest and probably the most practical if not the most technical, nor most enjoyable outfits to use that I have.
In addition it will soon offer additional services as an enlarger!

Back