The Upper Lodge in Monochrome

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
This is an image of mine taken in the day time, then i processed the sky to look Eire and creepy , and converted the whole thing to Monochrome.
Although the colored version looks nice, i think i would prefer this one as it gives that horror film feeling.

Comments and critique welcomed.

Best regards Paul

feels like death!!! great processing!

Thanks very much Dave (y), my processing skills are getting better, i just need to keep practicing with the images i take.

Best regards Paul

Hmmm.... not sure about the sky as it looks a little odd to me, but the house lends itself well to mono. Would be interesting to see the shot with the sky as it was originally.

So far there is a 50/50 split over the sky, and thats on all the forums its posted on.
Maybe a little more refining will make a better impression.
Soon i am going to retake the shot in Monochrome, and see how it turns out that time, but i wont process a sky, i will use some other method.

Best regards Paul

I do like the house, the detail is good. The sky to the left looks really rather strange.

I look forward to seeing a retake on this.

Even with a re shoot there would have to be a certain amount of processing to get that dark look.
The original was taken in the daytime, around mid afternoon, but this time i will wait until we have an unsettled day to get the cloud effects.

Best regards Paul

what an eerie looking shot...love it mind very nice

Thank you dragondan84 for your comment.
there iks still much to do to improve this particular image, but as i said there is a 50/50 divide on the merits of this capture and processing.

Best regards Paul

Back