The view from Low Fell

Both excellent scenes but do prefer no1the landscape alongside those mountains finishing with the sky.
GEORGE.

BUSES!
We were talking of outstanding photographs to build a portfolio ........and 2 come along at once
Absolutely Epic light mate! Its all been said above i can only echo what they have said. Bloody Fantastic shots congratulations!!!

Some stunning light there, I can't really say much more. 1 is my prefernce but 2 isn't all that shabby either. ;)

Was expecting to see Gateshead lol,Fantastic pics:)

Love the pano best ! :)

Hat of to you sir, superb.

Amazing photos, the light especially makes the second image - somewhat ethereal.

These are both excellent photographs but the first shot is something else.

You should be very proud!

Cheers T

I love the shots like the first one, the high you have the way you could be in a helicopter to get a shot like this and the stunning light. That is wonderful.

They are fab!

The first is great for sure but I think I prefer the second as it's a bit less obvious and I love the patches of light. But still, both are great.

Yes, very nice,

@Stuart Mc - I love both of these for different reasons and each has a great quality.

First is stunning - both better than I could ever get.

Both excellent scenes but do prefer no1the landscape alongside those mountains finishing with the sky.
GEORGE.

BUSES!
We were talking of outstanding photographs to build a portfolio ........and 2 come along at once
Absolutely Epic light mate! Its all been said above i can only echo what they have said. Bloody Fantastic shots congratulations!!!

Some stunning light there, I can't really say much more. 1 is my prefernce but 2 isn't all that shabby either. ;)
Sorry for not responding a bit sooner been slammed at work and barely got my head from the desk - thanks to all that commented it's much appreciated. It's funny what you get when you don't really plan for conditions as this trip was very much a 'recce' for future visits. Definitely one to return to in the winter methinks

You know that thread you created about your best ever ..... ?

As good as that shot was - these two do it for me! I absolutely love the second although the first one is not far behind (imo)

No1 for me, a classic Lake District vista beautifully photographed.

Both great. I was just admiring the first when I scrolled down, wow! Great landscapes but the rays in 2 are just fab.

You know that thread you created about your best ever ..... ?

As good as that shot was - these two do it for me! I absolutely love the second although the first one is not far behind (imo)

No1 for me, a classic Lake District vista beautifully photographed.

2 absolute belters mate, cant decide which I prefer, both outstanding images.

The first pic shows a magically beautiful landscape- superb!
Thanks all much appreciated. Christ people will be sick of this thread I bet..... :D

@chuckles I'm probably a bit guilty sometimes of not just taking in a great view and capturing it, I'm more driven by having to graft for images and really having to work with changing conditions hence why I probably got more satisfaction out of the other image you mentioned. These shots were a pleasant surprise which is always nice

Wonderful, wonderful shots.

The view from Low Fell is one of my favourite views in the whole of the Lake District. But most people don't know about it, so it's very quiet.

Ive never had the fortune to be up there with gorgeous light like you had, but it's quite nice even at 'ordinary' times when the sun is high in the sky:

53987_163159393709314_3078312_o.jpg

(No intention of hijacking the thread. Just want to enthuse people about Low Fell!)

Wonderful, wonderful shots.

The view from Low Fell is one of my favourite views in the whole of the Lake District. But most people don't know about it, so it's very quiet.

Ive never had the fortune to be up there with gorgeous light like you had, but it's quite nice even at 'ordinary' times when the sun is high in the sky:

53987_163159393709314_3078312_o.jpg

(No intention of hijacking the thread. Just want to enthuse people about Low Fell!)
Haha no worries. I've eyed it up for a while, pretty much any of the tops facing Crummock etc are pretty much a guaranteed fantastic view. Just out of interest is your image the one I saw in a shop at keswick today? Just looked very similar but cropped in a bit

Just out of interest is your image the one I saw in a shop at keswick today? Just looked very similar but cropped in a bit
Not that I'm aware of. But you never know these days... Which shop? If you're passing by there again, and chance of a quick snap for comparison?

Last edited:
Not that I'm aware of. But you never know these days... Which shop? If you're passing by there again, and chance of a quick snap for comparison
No probs mine is going in the shop in question for sale so I'll be back in there. Reason I asked as it's not a common viewpoint and your version posted is quite green as was the one in the shop. Shop is called brave the skies its just round from George fisher opposite the Fiat garage

Great spot isn't it? The walk up from the Loweswater side was a bit of an odd one I'm going to do it from thackthwaite next time

We walked from thackwaite as I recall

Back