The War in Iraq, Through Photographers' Eyes - Documentary?

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone else seen this?
Was having a chat on IRC the other night, talking about documentaries, and decided to watch this.

Was very insightful TBH. Was about a group of seven war photographers, who each cover conflict and war from their own unique perspective, who got together in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, to form a group called "VII" (Seven).

Some very inspirational and thought provoking imagery in there.

Anyone else seen it?

Bah - thought you were posting a time and channel :LOL:

Sounds like a documentary I watched on one of the documentary channels called "Shooting under fire" I think, it followed some Photogs from Reuters around various Isreali trouble spots, was very good.

Been looking out for perhaps other versions but failed to find any, nor can I find it on anything like Amazon either.

Just found this about it.

"Shooting Under Fire" about Israel. This is the documentary that sparked the discussion on IRC the other night.

MTX Mentioned he'd seen a documentary a while ago, but couldnt remember what it was called. Luckily, with the sparse information he had, and my strong google-wu that night, I found the title, then we got chatting about photography documentaries.

Reading up on that Shooting Under Fire though, it looks like one I REALLY want to watch. Unfortunately, none of these are for sale anywhere :(

Typical - I miss a few nights out of IRC and you all start discussing something intersting :D

You can watch a trailer and 5 mins of "Shooting under Fire" Here BTW.

Looks like a great documentary.

Typical - I miss a few nights out of IRC and you all start discussing something intersting :D

LOL

We were talking about shoes, cookery, and renees husband before. It's all going on in there.

And apparently we all owe petemc a present, as he has rebranded christmas "cykmas". New policy apparently.

:LOL: Not sure if I want to go back in there after hearing all that ;)

Looks very interesting, I just watched the trailer. Any idea when it is likely to be on again?

Back