The Watchman

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Standing tall in Zion National Park is The Watchman, probably the most photographed of the peaks in the park. If you drive through the park towards sunset you will always find a large number of photographers standing along the edge of the bridge over the Virgin River, and who can blame them when there is a view like this to be photographed. I was lucky on this evening, after pulling up 5 minutes before sunset, after missing a turn en route, I managed to find a spot on the bridge as the skies started to light up.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III|16-35mm f4 L|Lee Landscape Polariser

The Watchman by Jake Turner, on Flickr

I Like it

Hi Jake!
First of all congrats are in order! Surrey Life, I was at my Son's house in Dorking and spotted it straight away. I knew that's was your shot immediately as I had seen it on Flickr! Well done mate.(y) (I did have to check the credits though to make sure;)).

Really like this shot, great light, love those pastel colours in the sky and the sky is really bringing out those reds in the rock.... Lovely! The river is also very interesting there seems to be some lovely hues going on there, greens and blues....
Sounds like you stuck lucky there Jake I normally get lost and just park as the sun slips below the horizon :eek:
But different lighting makes different shots, golden, red, blue hour.... they all change the landscape!

I have been just snowed at work lately:( and haven't even been able to process the shots I have got let alone go out an shoot.

Anyhow bloody well done on the cover shot mate! Bet your really chuffed(y)

Last edited:
Thanks mate! :) yep that's me on the cover! Though it's not an image from Flickr, they asked for something different and that was all I had! I've not been out shooting for a couple of weeks either. Getting withdrawal symptoms!

Cracking shot. I assume it's part of Canyonlands. What a great place to visit for a photographer and the best 'missed turn' you ever took and likely to take in the future..:D

Cracking shot. I assume it's part of Canyonlands. What a great place to visit for a photographer and the best 'missed turn' you ever took and likely to take in the future..:D
Thanks John, it's actually Zion National Park, not too far from the Utah/Arizona border.

Thanks mate! :) yep that's me on the cover! Though it's not an image from Flickr, they asked for something different and that was all I had! I've not been out shooting for a couple of weeks either. Getting withdrawal symptoms!
I thought it was you, as it was a very similar image on your flickr acc, that's why I had to check the inside cover ;)
Well Done(y)

Back