The Way of the Cormorant

Name
mark
Edit My Images
No
The blue-eyed Cormorant is a powerful swimmer that after diving
to catch fish must periodically perch to dry and preen itself before resuming the hunt.
E-3 with Zuiko 70-300mm at 1/1250s at f/5.6 at ISO640 from 30 yards with handheld in-camera-body IS switched on.
Shag1.jpg

Shag2.jpg

Shag3.jpg

Shag4.jpg

Shag5.jpg

Shag6.jpg

Great shots of one of my favourite birds, I particularly like the guy sunning himself to dry his feathers. Only one very minor criticism perhaps, the shutter speed has just about frozen any wing movement. That said, I know how fast they are over the water and it takes a good panning technique to even get one in the frame. Of course, a fish would nice too. ;)

You come good there Mark, a great set (y) They are all good but the detail in #1 stands out.

Great shots of one of my favourite birds, I particularly like the guy sunning himself to dry his feathers. Only one very minor criticism perhaps, the shutter speed has just about frozen any wing movement. That said, I know how fast they are over the water and it takes a good panning technique to even get one in the frame. Of course, a fish would nice too. ;)
Thanks Sonyguy - not sure why you'd want to show wing blur but I agree about the fish, mate! (y)
You come good there Mark, a great set (y) They are all good but the detail in #1 stands out.
Nice set of shots, #4 is the best for me, looks like he's tiptoeing on the water.
Thanks for looking in u8 and arty - it must have been one of my 'good' days! :D

Back