The "What is it?" thread - Part III

Why do I always see that I'm next up when I have nothing ready and there's no light?! I'll try to get something shot for tomorrow but can't make any promises.

Still not really enough light but since someone's got its big boy pants in a twist, here's something for you. Camera shaky, I'm afraid.View attachment 27291

111, previously known as 999 or 3 noes in German. (Taking Nathan's Wi-Fi antenna as a guess!)

Not a pen top of any kind.

No.

It is, just full of camera shake due to low light (and not having a suitable flash for use on the baby X Fuji at macro distance.)

No.

Hmmmm... Thought I'd already replied to this guess - sorry, not a peg of any kind.

I think I know what you're thinking it might be but it isn't one of them.

OK, a couple of clues... The posted shot is one of the ends. The other end of the whole item looks very different and the bit(s) between the ends are different again. I have several similar items and use them more for interest than anything more serious, although other people use similar things for serious purposes. Tip to tip, they're about 2m long...

No. Not splittable but it is flexible.

No but not a million miles away. Not wireless or used for communication but does involve electrics...

Not a soldering iron.

Not a metal detector. Typically, the item has been hidden tidied away so I can't measure the bit shown but from memory the thinner bit is about 5mm in diameter and the slightly fatter bit is about 7mm.
Hint. It uses 1xAA cell in the other end.

OK, BIG clue time...

Most of the overall length is wire on this one. I do have at least one that's more complicated and wireless...

Nope. This item is a stand alone and does one job.

OK, a shot of the whole thing (well, another example of it). Overlit and OOF, both deliberately so as not to give it away too easily!. Oh, the big bit is upside down too for the same reason.View attachment 28495

We have a winner!

Here we go again.....

A71D0710-DF7E-4628-8B29-04590878D7E5.jpg

Last edited:
Back