The Wife!

Name
Robert Hunter
Edit My Images
Yes
When it comes to shooting people im really not good (no confidence, no idea how to pose them etc etc) so took a few of the wife.

This was the best shot (or my favorite shall i say). What you peeps think?

Portraits1.jpg

I like the composition, it's just a pity about the shadow cutting her face in half. It's bit harsh but good effort.

hmm i actually aimed to do that as well at the time...

I kind of like it but, Im the opposite here, I dont mind the shadow but Im not keen on the composition!

The tree is a real no-no for me, it looks awkward being so close to your wife, as though you placed it there as a prop ... you didnt did you :LOL:
Also, the bit of knee at the bottom, its such a small bit youve left there, its not adding anything, so it should go.
My eye is drawn to the clothing & bg as they have the strongest tones, i.e black & white, where as the face is more mid-tones so looks more neautral, so personally Id have cropped in closer.
I think your wife looks rather beautiful and relaxed here, its just the clutter around her is so distracting.. you have a fab subject to keep practicing with though (y)

I agree with InaGlo the tree has got to go. You have a very attractive and photogenic wife/model so practice with her. There are some good poses in this post link and plenty more advice/tips in the tutorial threads.

thanks peeps. at the time i wanted the tree there for her to lean against and to cut the light in half...

i better get shooting some more hehe

will post more soon

thanks

I agree with Glo's indepth critique too, your wife looks relaxed in front of the camera & I think that's the most important thing to take from this image & try to replicate in your next shots (y)
(That tree does look like it's made from playdough :LOL:)

The tree has to go, as does the shadow on her face. You have a very attractive model there, try getting a candid shot capturing genuine laughter, I like those :)

Back