The Wirral Show 2005 (56k)

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
It was the Wirral Show yesterday and today. There was meant to be a Seaking helicopter but it never showed. The announcer for one of the events sounded a lot like Weebl too, which was kinda funny :) The day was kinda fun till the end. I was trying to capture some cool action shots of people on the fairground rides and some townies started fighting. I moved off and tried to get other shots and some townie sprayed beer in my face. I cut my losses and left and on my way out the fairground area some townie called me a p***. I will not let it defeat me, but its kinda hard to shake off being called that. I pointed my camera at them and they suddenly went all shy, so that put a small smile on my face. I find it funny that some townies ask me if I'm a member of the press when I wear my 100-400, and when I switch to the 28-105 they call me a p***. I've never hated them more than I did yesterday. I can certainly see the appeal of living in another country, but the UK is my home and I will not let them push me out of it. Anyway, here's the shots :)

CRW_0579.jpg

"Hi, how ya doing. Thanks for coming out"

CRW_0457.jpg

CRW_0474.jpg

CRW_0542.jpg

The Two Horsemen and 2 Horsewomen of the Apocolypse ...

CRW_0291.jpg

CRW_0297.jpg

CRW_0285.jpg

CRW_0392.jpg

CRW_0312.jpg

Taking it easy.

There are r-soles all over the world mate and atleast you and your camera came away unscathed, Which i know is not the point. I hope it doesn't put you off going out and about again, as you always come back with very good shots and these are no exception. Good timing with the guy on the motorbike going through the fire, the 2 sepia plane shots are excellent, i also like the guy leaning back off the horse.
Ken.
I like the sheep dog and ducks also.

yeah i agree Pete, dont let the Chavscum get you down buddy

That first shot and the one with the bike crashing through the burning hay are superb. The rest are just very good though! :)

Funny how people (especially chavs & the like) react to cameras - when I wander about with my 100-400 I get treated like a celeb, but the smaller lenses seem to make people a bit cagey although on Tyneside I think folk are generally a tad more friendly. No excuse for that sort of behaviour though - I'd love an hour in a small room with the scum.

Take their pictures and tell them that they should keep an eye on the nationals as you are taking pictures for an article on peoplesÂ’ behaviour. ;)

The pictures are up to your usual standards buddy, very varied and interesting on the whole. Have you found your niche yet?

Back