The wonderful Steph

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a midweek shoot with Steph. A really great model with amazing eyes.

What do you think of this shot ?

5375733757_3a2ebb2a22.jpg

Well composed shot that one feller! The hard keylight shapes her face nicely and I reckon the hairlight to camera left hits the spot just right. :)

Is the background naturally textured or have you added that?

Cheers Keith.
Its just a plain black background and a smoke machine :)

Last edited:
Not a fan of the b/g, seems to clash with dress, love the image though, if that was against plain white/black/grey it would be stunning.

Excellent, I am neutral to the background - its does add a bit extra over a plain one. Well lit and a lovely young lady. If I were to be picky I'd remove the purple strap peeking out on her left shoulder and tidy up the few stray hairs just above.

Feel free to post more from the set.

Donald

love the background. The light and background make the image great imo.

Beautiful image and a very pretty model... Great eyes and i quite like the background but do agree that it doesnt do much for the dress...

One on the plain black background

5378856102_ac1393f200.jpg

and one with smoke and a different pose

5378857388_9f733e3dcc.jpg

Thanks for all the comments. Its funny how the background divides opinion. :)

Steph is a lovely model and one of the best I have had the pleasure of working with.

Thanks Graham (y)

No it was a studio in Preston David.

THe smoke makes a fantastic background - Black/White is done to death. That is a refreshing change and really sets the mood.

Fantastic lighting and great model makes a hell of a difference ;)

Well done

I love the background and pose in #1, but agree about the dress clash. Done with a less patterned dress it'd be awesome.

I use smoke quite a lot, Anthony. If it's not teaching you to suck eggs :), here's a tip for next time... I find it's a lot more effective if you can get the smoke to swirl around the model low down around her legs, ideally rising up behind her as well.... makes it more three dimensional and part of the image rather than looking a bit like a textured backdrop. I use a 'low fog' machine that chills the smoke so it hugs the floor better but I have instructions on how to use ducting to make any smoke machine more controllable... if you're interested then PM me an email address and I'll send you the details.
HTH a bit... Keith :)

The only time I used smoke was when we were togging some paintballers inside and the site owner let off a smoke bomb to give it some 'ambience', and after 20 minutes we managed to clear the smoke enough to get back in. I like what you have done here and don't think the dress clashes, but compliments the effect created by the smoke.

Really nice shots. Prefer smoke rather than not.

Last edited:
Thanks Marcus

I love the smoke photos. It was just something different to try and I feel it worked.

Might try again with a different dress in the future. :)

I really love the first shot, especially since Ive just got a fog machine myself, and this is just the desired effect Im hoping to get.
Mind you the quick trial seemed to show that the 'curls of fog' were quickly lost into an alround mist... definately not what I want!

The plain black bg works just as well for me here too, model has a nice classy look, and seems to really pop. (y)

Thanks Glo

I love the smoke photos but as you say the black one seems to be very eye catching too.

Send me a pm if you want to exchange smoke techniques :)

I like the smoke in the pics, something a little different to the norm! :)

They look like nice sharp images, i would like to see a closer crop, maybe head, shoulder, up to the elbow........

Back