Theatre company shoot

Edit My Images
No
Yesterday I had a shoot for PR pictures for a local Theatre Company who are taking a play up to the Edingburgh Frindge. Here are a few.

1:
6008471263_3c6ca83cb9_b.jpg

2:
6008471171_230c34a0fa_b.jpg

3:
6008470993_abf51db069_b.jpg

i like them all, but i think that the first one looks a little soft, the second and third are great :)

Thank you. The eyes in shadow was the intention as it goes with the mood of the play.

Without knowing the mood or intent of the shoot sometimes we can only comment against what we consider a middle of the road type benchmark if you get my drift!

Great work as always.

I know exactly what you mean. I have learnt over the years that a person viewing does not have the background to a picture. I do hope that when these pictures are seen in context that they will make sence. Also the viewer does not always know that the photographer is following a brief from the customer.

Thank you.

Good set of images, lighting and pp is spot on for me although her right eye on #1 looks a tad too light.

Steve

vv cephei said:
Good set of images, lighting and pp is spot on for me although her right eye on #1 looks a tad too light.

Steve

Thank you. I know just what you mean about the eye and was worried about it myself, but when the poster was printed it looked fine, thank god! I even showed the client version with a darker I but he liked this one best.

Really like all these shots. Lots of expression and story in all of them. I want to move the image down a little in the first poster composition, just as a thought.

I think these are excellent - well done.

I like them
any shot that's too busy when you're advertising at the fringe is just wasted I think
#1 is a really nice edit I think
lots of eye contact and intensity
I really like the style of 2 and 3 also, almost stark and high contrast.
is there a name to this technique, it's really raw and a friend of mine did a similar thing on a portrait. I really like it

No1 speaks volume to me- the lighting is spot on, a cracking shot :clap:

Les (y)

Back