weekly theboyfold's 52 challenge - Week 1 added

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Thought I'd try and pick up this challenge. I'm looking for themes and things to make me take photos, rather than just complaining about a lack of inspiration...

It's going to be a challenge in more ways than one, as I have a 7 week old baby, however he might be the model I need when I'm looking for a little spark.

Watch this space :D

Last edited:
Good luck with it buddy. I think it will take a lot of motivation and get up and go at some points, but should be very rewarding at the end of it all. Look forward to seeing your shots!
Cheers

Thanks for that, I'm not sure if it's a strong enough interpretation of the theme to be honest. There are lots of other things in the frame that are more powerful.

I really don't like selective colour, so I'm not going to go down that route and if cropped it you would have lots of half shapes invading the frame.

I'm going to keep my eyes open for something else, just to get me used to looking for things.

Nicely exposed, good luck with the rest (y)

I second that! it looks almost like its come out of a car magazine! :D VERY crisp and clean, job well done!

As Tina says, bang on theme, an idea i thought of but would not of executed it anywhere near as well as you have, great start, good luck with the other 51 (+1 ?) :D
Best wishes
Cliff

Hi Mark....another one taking the fast route to lunacy in the form of a 52 ,welcome aboard :LOL:

Love the idea for Direction...sometims simple is best . Great clarity , great color...great start to your challenge (y)

Certainly on theme and as others have said but put another way, well executed :D

I'm struggling so far with this week I have to say! I'm trying to think of something a little different and had an idea for a photo but wasn't able to make it out to take it.

Keep the posts for this week coming, I'm sure I will get some inspiration from somewhere, if only I can make more time!!

Thanks for that, I'm not sure if it's a strong enough interpretation of the theme to be honest. There are lots of other things in the frame that are more powerful.

I really don't like selective colour, so I'm not going to go down that route and if cropped it you would have lots of half shapes invading the frame.

I'm going to keep my eyes open for something else, just to get me used to looking for things.

I take your point about if the image is strong enough with the other aspects of the shot but I personally think this works.

Very crisp and nicely exposed, great start to you're 52. Look forward to seeing the other 51 :)

Crisp, clean and fits the theme. I wonder if a small crop from the top and right would improve it a little ?

Back