Theiving barstewards

Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Put my walking boots outside my front door this morning to dry out and some git has nicked them now to get to my front door it's off main rd up steps so only two people have been to my door one was postman and other was delivering leaflets for a takeaway so think a walk to takeaway tonite is on the cards ggrrrr

You don't seem to have much luck these days! lol

Logic says the post man did it. They must walk about 50 miles a day and now needs a new pair of boots :D

Seriously, do you not have a back door where you could have left them?

My ma got her boots nicked by a ........fox :LOL: (well can't prove it was a fox, may have been a very desperate tramp)

One found in the garden, one chewed to bits out in the street under the neighbours 4x4.

My ma got her boots nicked by a ........fox :LOL: (well can't prove it was a fox, may have been a very desperate tramp)

One found in the garden, one chewed to bits out in the street under the neighbours 4x4.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As regarding leaving things by the front door. The people across the road got a new fridge/freezer recently. The old one was dumped on the pavement outside their front door. He apologised but said there was a £20.00 "removal fee" if he wanted the delivery people to take it away plus he could not take it to the tip as it would not fit in the car and this was the only way to get rid of it.

It had gone by the next morning :eek:

As regarding leaving things by the front door. The people across the road got a new fridge/freezer recently. The old one was dumped on the pavement outside their front door. He apologised but said there was a £20.00 "removal fee" if he wanted the delivery people to take it away plus he could not take it to the tip as it would not fit in the car and this was the only way to get rid of it.

Was the old fridge broken? A free fridge is a bargain!

Blimey, if it aint nailed down . . .

I had a bird table taken from my back yard, it wasn't even in great condition (covered with algae and falling apart). It was absolutely nowhere to be seen. Still, saved me a trip to the tip with it as I was going to get rid of it anyway.

I can't think why anyone would want to nick my boots. They pong so bad I couldn't give 'em away!

My wife lay out in the front garden for days last summer, did anyone take her? No chance!

if you knew the stuff that has gone from out of the front of ours.. i thinks some one could have furnished a house with it all.

No, he shouldn't have to, but common sense might dictate it's possibly the safer option. :D

We are getting more and more thieving, do as you likeys around my way. They "cruise" the area in transits or builder's trucks and lift anything they can. If you phone the police, then they simply say - "well times are hard and that is how they get by!":bang:
Sadly everything has to be locked down and secured or it vanishes. :shake:

And a broken one can be weighed in, together with any other metal objects one leaves hanging around in ones front garden/building skip when those gentlemen in the pick-up bodied Transits are driving past ;)

Yes found one of them down the side of my house recently, he soon decided to leave ;)

Yes found one of them down the side of my house recently, he soon decided to leave ;)

You persuaded a broken fridge to leave? :thinking:

Do be cautious about walking into a local business to 'ask' them about a theft from outside your house.

Because regardless of how well you come across, they will undoubtedly get the feeling you are making an accusation. And if it wasn't them...

Do be cautious about walking into a local business to 'ask' them about a theft from outside your house.

Because regardless of how well you come across, they will undoubtedly get the feeling you are making an accusation. And if it wasn't them...

On the other hand, he could be OK for takeaways for a wee while:LOL:

RichardtheSane said:

I'd have to agree. Unless you saw who did it then best not to point the finger as there's a large chance you're wrong.

Just had a curry delivered, the driver was wearing trainers, that narrows the search down a bit.

Just had a curry delivered, the driver was wearing trainers, that narrows the search down a bit.

Order another one when it is raining (y)

wegotitugetit said:
was reading a story on facebook earlier some one had a old push bike nicked from outside his house the best parts was he went to mcdonalds found it outside so nicked it back

A good friend of mine lent one of his mates his bike only for it to be stolen. 2 or 3 months pass by and then this lad walks down my friends street with a bike for sale. You guessed it, it's his bike that someone is trying to flog off. A little swift 'justice' later and the bike was back with its rightful owner :LOL:

Unlucky man. So many dodgy people out there now.

We had a washing machine delivered and they walked off with my mums purse. It was in the hallway and they kept comming in and out to get tools etc and they must have picked it out of her hand bag :/ We couldn't do anything as theres no physical evidence anyway.

That's bloody annoying. Makes me appreciate how lucky I've been over the winter, leaving the car on the drive with the engine running to defrost the windows!
The trouble with that is the insurance companies will not pay out on this as you left the keys on the car, we even had a memo sent from work at the beginning of winter warning us that we would be liable to cover any cost of the stolen car and would also be dismissed for gross misconduct.

The trouble with that is the insurance companies will not pay out on this as you left the keys on the car, we even had a memo sent from work at the beginning of winter warning us that we would be liable to cover any cost of the stolen car and would also be dismissed for gross misconduct.

Yes, I suspected that I'd have invalidated my insurance. Thank god it's getting warmer!

Zoomboxer said:

A mate was refitting his kitchen, he put his fridge freezer in the front garden to thaw it out , couldn't put it in the back because the builders were there

Left it 20mins, went out and it was gone, they're everywhere, driving up every street to see what they can find

A mate was refitting his kitchen, he put his fridge freezer in the front garden to thaw it out , couldn't put it in the back because the builders were there

Left it 20mins, went out and it was gone, they're everywhere, driving up every street to see what they can find

Same happened down here. A couple of mates doing the kitchen, left the brand new sink unit propped up against the back door, whilst they removed the old one and worktop, and when they went to get it, it was gone!
At no time were they more than fifteen feet away from it:eek:

That's bloody annoying. Makes me appreciate how lucky I've been over the winter, leaving the car on the drive with the engine running to defrost the windows!

If you are serious about doing that, you will more than likely not be covered in the event of theft from car, or theft of car.

The latter, most insurers will want both sets of keys to pa out under "nicked"

(y)

Last edited:
Back