Thetford for town centre otters and dippers?

Edit My Images
Yes
My lunchtime constitutional walk is now populated with a lit of seriously-kitted rigs and twitchers: yesterday lunchtume I estimate about 20-grandsworth of kit watching a pair of otter cubs playing about within about thirty feet.
Normally ny lunchtime walk is accompanied by 35mm b&w film camera but today I shall hope to catch the otters with me biggest digital kit:

and if I finish typing the message before I post it I'll be asking if any of you tp'ers are there?

Sounds like Thetford is becoming the same as Blandford Forum in Dorset. The otters there are perhaps the most photographed in the country. The amount of kit wandering up and down the river between Morrisons and the Coop can significantly add to the Town's net value on a sunny day.

Still it shows the popularity of otters, but the kingfishers must get fed up at not being the centre of attention anymore. And I know the fishermen are none too pleased.

I think its wonderful that otters are feeling safe enough to come out during the day without the threat of rich people dress in ridiculous clothes chasing them with otter hounds. Makes me feel glad to be alive.

Those otters really are very easy which is why they are getting so popular. I have been for them a few times and done quite well with them. Some togs seem to have been camped there for weeks so will have some amazing photos. The dipper can be very easy too, but it seems to be getting more mobile in recent weeks.

Some of my otter shots on Flickr here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/37669825@N04/sets/72157632953822327/

And some on the black-bellied dipper too - http://www.flickr.com/photos/37669825@N04/sets/72157632958131330/

I have seen some photos of these otters is the East Anglian Daily Times over the last couple of days. It is great to see wild animals like these in the towns and I hope the general public can come to value them.

I have seen some photos of these otters is the East Anglian Daily Times over the last couple of days. It is great to see wild animals like these in the towns and I hope the general public can come to value them.

I have spoken to a number of local folk over my visits and all seem thrilled to have otters in the area and love to watch them.

i drove past there today and ther were loads of people there at least i know now :)

Back