They are back!!

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
The Swallows that is, just spotted a dozen or more around our place. Anybody else had any sightings?

A fella I was talking to at Rutland Water yesterday said he'd seen some recently.

One swallow does not a summer make!

(Can make for a pleasant evening though!)

Saw quite a few this morning, along with lots of House Martin, also heard the first Cuckoo this year, all on a property near the New Forest.

Alas not seen any as of yet though it is good to hear they are back.

It's been a very odd spring, I was watching about 30 waxwing last week and still get about 4 Siskin in the garden on a daily basis.

Loads round here now:)

Also a friend on Mull has seen some around his place

Saw a few flitting round down at Branscombe yesterday afternoon. Saw the first bunnies of the season down there too, on the areas where their burrowing has helped some fairly significant land slippages!

Saw a few flitting round down at Branscombe yesterday afternoon. Saw the first bunnies of the season down there too, on the areas where their burrowing has helped some fairly significant land slippages!

Saw about a dozen yesterday up at Catterick in North Yorks.

Seen several the weekend

This is a bit late compared to others but I'm on the NW coast of Scotland just now.

Saw my first swallow this year over Loch Shieldaig on the 30th April. There were about 10 over Loch Ewe this morning.

Heard the first cuckoo a couple of miles from Gairloch yesterday and willow warblers have been around for about a week.

Dave

We have a nest in our garden shed and its always exciting when they arrive. This year the first sighting was on May 2nd and they went in and checked out the accommodation!

Since then we've had just the occasional visit and enough chattering overhead to suggest they are still showing an interest. My guess is that they are coming into breeding condition elsewhere and will be back for the real thing in about a week's time.

Either that or they are looking at our neighbour's shed instead......:boxer:

Back