They say Ice Hockey's fast ...

Edit My Images
Yes
... they should try photographing this and get the ball in the image.

#1 - it's lonely at the back

2719674340_4955587a1c_o.jpg

#2 - mine, no mine

2718850089_f35261416c_o.jpg

#3 - on me 'ead, on me 'ead

2719672338_2da59bb9ca_o.jpg

#4 - goalie's ball

2719672110_616ef6c369_o.jpg

#5 - shoot, the goalie's off his line

2719671894_f050f58c1b_o.jpg

#6 - clear it long, keeper

2718849417_91f6080a55_o.jpg

This is a keen local derby. In the eight weeks I was there, the score was 198 to 126 to the reds.

Call me strange, but I began to like these when I got them in post prod.

Last edited:
(y) for me they are better than looking at real football pics :woot: but then I really do not like football :LOL:

(y) for me they are better than looking at real football pics :woot: but then I really do not like football :LOL:

Many thanks, real footballers are not this animated - well not nowadays.

Couldn't agree more!

Thanks, nor does the modern footballer have as much charisma.

. . . . and not a diver in sight!!

If I'm honest, these don't do anything for me, at all.
They all look mostly the same, with only #1 showing any attempt at taking a photo that has an interesting composition.
I know football is mostly about capturing the action, but there is hardly any action in foozball, apart from plastic men spinning and sliding around, and I think a better effort was needed at keeping the subject matter fresh.

Some of the shots are also technically flawed, generally due to being out of focus.

The good shots in there are #1, due to its thoughtful composition, and #5, because it's got the ball in the centre of the frame to draw your eye to it, with the 'story' being clear and bubbly.

However, the rest of the people on this thread like them, and therefore, it's a successful set. I don't like them, but then, hey, each to their own.

Trying to catch up after five days without web access. Many thanks to you all.

Really good set Russell, really like the composition and DOF on no. 1

I liked this the moment I saw it in the camera.

Nice work Russell (y) #1 is my favourite closely followed by #4.

I agree, I regret not getting more from this angle. The tog's an idiot.

. . . . and not a diver in sight!!

And Gordon Banks dislikes divers more than any other aspect of modern football.

Not an overpaid footballer or a WAG in sight!

I guess these guys aren't getting £80,000 a week to play 60 matches in 5 days.

If I'm honest, these don't do anything for me, at all.
They all look mostly the same, with only #1 showing any attempt at taking a photo that has an interesting composition.
I know football is mostly about capturing the action, but there is hardly any action in foozball, apart from plastic men spinning and sliding around, and I think a better effort was needed at keeping the subject matter fresh.

Some of the shots are also technically flawed, generally due to being out of focus.

The good shots in there are #1, due to its thoughtful composition, and #5, because it's got the ball in the centre of the frame to draw your eye to it, with the 'story' being clear and bubbly.

However, the rest of the people on this thread like them, and therefore, it's a successful set. I don't like them, but then, hey, each to their own.

It's good that some people don't like my ideas. I want to experiment with things that don't appear very often, hence table football, reflections in parts of cars motherboards and fireworks taken the wrong way. I welcome your constructive criticism which helps me formulate other ideas while trying to adopt your suggested improvements.

Very experimental there.

And a very odd subject to do it on. Most people are more into caputuring(Sp?) real football but this is just ammusing. I like the way you have done this. Especially #1 with the perception.

Good Job

Jordie

Very experimental there.

And a very odd subject to do it on. Most people are more into caputuring(Sp?) real football but this is just ammusing. I like the way you have done this. Especially #1 with the perception.

Good Job

Jordie

Thanks. Real football is nowhere near as fast as this. I do wish I had more of the low level shots.

Hi Russell,

Only just spotted these and I like them. I have noticed that your centre line is slightly off centre though :naughty:.
No 1 is the standout, the lower angle works really well.
I like it when people experiment it encourages me to try as well.

Cheers

Andy

You've never lacked the courage to try things, keep at it.

:agree:, I like the angle of number 1. It's very different though.

one is very cool :). Let's see some subbuteo or whatever it's called next :)

Number one is about the best, the others are all pretty much the same.

Thanks, I'm bit sad that I can't go back and get some more of the same.

:agree:, I like the angle of number 1. It's very different though.

Thanks, it's odd how some things work when you have so little expectation of them.

one is very cool :). Let's see some subbuteo or whatever it's called next :)

Thanks, I don't know anyone who plays Subbuteo any more. Must be a mountain of images in Scalextric and Hornby Doubleo.

So how do they roll around the floor claiming a penalty after a near miss tackle with that bar running through them? Unusual set of shots BTW. :)

Just the same way as they pull each other's shirts. It's a shame when you have to play football by a simple set of rules which include, the first to ten is the winner and the side that conceded the goal get to roll the ball in. When I chatted to Gordon Banks on the train the other week, he sid that the thing he disliked most about modern football was the diving. I suggested to him that if Tommy Smith, Ron "Chopper" Harris, Gerry Byrne, Paul Reaney and Billy Bremner tackled people you'd know that there was no simulation going on. He agreed, he played with and against some of the fiercest tacklers in the game.

1st shot here for me mate..

:naughty: you have no idea how many pints i have won playing on one of these one handed against two players:naughty:

:beer: ahhh happy days

md(y)

Back