Things Left Behind (18) (Dungeness)

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
Just a simple Snapograph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of an old Tractor etc that looks like it was/is possibly used for shifting shingle on the beach.
In the background you can see some of the many old boats scattered about the beach that have just been Left Behind.
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty type of PP on this snap to bring out the textures.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/800th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Things Left Behind (18) (Dungeness)-03265 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

Last edited:
I rather like that one George

I like the photo very much George. I do have a few thoughts that I'd like to share.

I know composition is a personal thing but the space on the right side seems to unbalance the image a little - most of the content in the image is to wards the left but the eye doesn't get led there very easily... That could just be because I personally tend to read images left-to-right. I'd be interested to see if a horizontal flip made it more inviting.

I really like the PP, the textures and the graining work well with the level of contrast you've applied, however there's a lot of contrast in the ground that's getting that benefit too which again is a little distracting from the subjects (those things left behind) - maybe toning down the PP on he ground around the subjects would really help them pop.

I like the photo very much George. I do have a few thoughts that I'd like to share.

I know composition is a personal thing but the space on the right side seems to unbalance the image a little - most of the content in the image is to wards the left but the eye doesn't get led there very easily... That could just be because I personally tend to read images left-to-right. I'd be interested to see if a horizontal flip made it more inviting.

I really like the PP, the textures and the graining work well with the level of contrast you've applied, however there's a lot of contrast in the ground that's getting that benefit too which again is a little distracting from the subjects (those things left behind) - maybe toning down the PP on he ground around the subjects would really help them pop.

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.(y)

“Thank you for your comments but the composition, PP, & presentation is how I preferred it to be”

George.

Last edited:
Back