Think I Found My Niche?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Just playing around with low-level lighting and painting with light last night...

TPF_Razor.jpg

(That was only playing - the pic doesn't 'say' anything to me, but I have an update in mind...)

The setup was mercifully brief! 50mm lens with a close-up filter, focussing in nice and tight on the razor. Darkened room (well, almost!), and the light itself was the LED torch on my mobile phone. Exposure was 15s at f22, and the colours came from a couple of Cokin square filters over the light - P002 (orange) and P021 (blue)

Good stuff. Lighting and colour is spot-on.
Put those up on one of those 'buy it for $50' sites and you'll clean up. People are always after royalty-free shots like this for cheapie ads. Just make sure you make the product 'generic' without brand names.

very nice, clean and bright, Arkady has the right idea for that!

Arkady said:
Good stuff. Lighting and colour is spot-on.
Put those up on one of those 'buy it for $50' sites and you'll clean up. People are always after royalty-free shots like this for cheapie ads. Just make sure you make the product 'generic' without brand names.

Cheers, Rob! I was thinking along similar lines, but as others think it's good enough... Now to bore you all to death with images of assorted crap that's around my house :laugh2:

I like this kind of image and you have made an excellent job there mate.. :thumb:

/subscribes hoping for more tips.. :D

Really nice. Did you need to move the light about or was it relatively static?

Thanks very much, busterboy and milou :thumb:

When I was using the blue filter, yes I did move it around the front of it quite a bit. When the orange filter was on, it was a little more static, but I still moved it a bit...

Back