Think Tank Airport Accelerator bag? (Thoughts)

zeb

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone had any experience with the Think Tank Airport Accelerator bag as I’m Looking at getting one for a safari next year?

Needs to fit carry on size of 23x36x56cm and hold
Canon 1dx mk2 / 5d mk3.
Canon EF 200-400 f/4 IS USM Extender 1.4x.
Canon 70-200 f2.8

Which with the bag weight should just get me inside my 10kg weight.

Or any other ideas for a bag?

I have and prefer their airport international series. Have taken it on a flight before, the wheels are dead silent, looks discrete and well padded. I am always in the camp that when you are getting something that big, you might as well get it on wheels.

Note, i would not let the airline check this bag as it has not protection from the top.

Last edited:
Thank you Raymondo, Yes I was looking at the Airport Advantage bag as I was thinking the same thing why carry it.

Can I ask which bag you have and the true weight when empty?

Thank you Raymondo, Yes I was looking at the Airport Advantage bag as I was thinking the same thing why carry it.

Can I ask which bag you have and the true weight when empty?

I have the Thinktank airport international v2.

No idea of weight when empty...but it should be online on their website. I tend to only fly BA with my camera gear as their carry on allowance is 23kg. Worth paying that extra knowing my gear won’t need to be checked in.

Has anyone had any experience with the Think Tank Airport Accelerator bag as I’m Looking at getting one for a safari next year?

Needs to fit carry on size of 23x36x56cm and hold
Canon 1dx mk2 / 5d mk3.
Canon EF 200-400 f/4 IS USM Extender 1.4x.
Canon 70-200 f2.8

Which with the bag weight should just get me inside my 10kg weight.

Or any other ideas for a bag?
Did you buy the accelerator in the end? I'm thinking to get one too - wondered what your real world experience was with it (or anyone else that has one for that matter)....

Sorry Chris I haven't got it yet as i don't need it till April i have had a good look at one in LCE and they was happy to put the cameras and lenses from their display in the bag for me to check it out was v happy with it so i will be getting one.

Back