Think Tank International - Airline Carry On's

Name
Matt Thomas
Edit My Images
No
Basically I'll be flying home soon from my job but I'm just wondering out of the people on this forum who fly quite a lot and maybe own a Think Tank International bag, have you had any problems with different airline companies.

The sizing of the bag seems a bit tight on some guide lines so was just hoping someone could help me out abit as I'm leaving on the Wednesday so I'll need to know if I can take my bag or not

Cheers

I'll be finding out my flight info tomorrow so will be able to give me more info about with company. I'm not sorting out the booking it's the company I'm working for who is doing all that so I just wanted some basic about airline baggae allowance really

Cheers

Size wise, they fit regs (see the chart above).

Weight wise, you will likely have an issue with any airlines with a weight limit. It's my understanding that easyjet's only limitation is that you must be able to lift it into the locker by yourself.

There's some good whitepapers on flying with kit on the thinktank photo website, lots of good advice, blags etc :)

It's a fantastic bag though, really perfect.

Size wise, they fit regs (see the chart above).

Weight wise, you will likely have an issue with any airlines with a weight limit.

Cue the need for a jacket with lots of pockets to hold the heavy gear until after check in.

FWIW, at Melbourne airport they have a guy inside the security area who weighs peoples carry-on gear - I'm not sure what the point is but he was a pain when I went through last year.

Backpack - but usual limits seem to be around the 10kg weight.

If you aren't travelling alone, spread your lenses between the two bags...

Otherwise, no reading material I guess lol ;)

Edit:
Advantage with backpack is you can usually (if careful) fit it under the seat in front (so you can keep an eye on it). Downside is if there is a kid there spilling drinks :/

Last edited:
Back