Think they might`ve made a pricing mistake!

Good Morning

Unfortunately due to a computer error the price of the items you have ordered is incorrect and we have had to cancel your order.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience

Reece

-----Original Message-----
From: weborders@calumetphoto.co.uk [mailto:weborders@calumetphoto.co.uk]
Sent: 23 January 2009 20:49

I bet Reece has been busy this morning!!!

You're wrong, just because they've taken your money doesn't mean they have to honour the price!

By taking your money the company have entered into a contract to supply the item at the contracted price - if the company subsequently supplies that item at a different price they are in breach of contract.

The problem is they dont actually take your money until they ship the item, therefore i should imagine its very easy to get out of it. Amazon and Play are always doing this.

The problem is they dont actually take your money until they ship the item, therefore i should imagine its very easy to get out of it. Amazon and Play are always doing this.

Quite correct - its once the money is taken i.e. card charged or cheque banked - that is identified that the money has been taken. Prior to that point the company has not made an attempt to get payment for the said contract.

Quite correct - its once the money is taken i.e. card charged or cheque banked - that is identified that the money has been taken. Prior to that point the company has not made an attempt to get payment for the said contract.

It's a pitty that the rule only applies to companies and doesn't encompass wives ;)

Bob

It's a pitty that the rule only applies to companies and doesn't encompass wives ;)

Bob

I'm sure somewhere in the very, very small print that rule does apply - however it is re-phrased as divorce settlement and maintenance. :D

They sold me a £430 item for less than £200 but supplied one worth £125. They took it back, but wouldn't let me have a £330 item in exchange.

They do sell stuff cheaply and add you to their mailing list.

Back