Think they might`ve made a pricing mistake!

Anyone know what Calumet are like for honoring misprices? they mis-priced the TC-80N3 when they had it priced for £29 the other day and i forgot gutted. Wonder if its worth a punt at this lens.......

Chance of getting it at that price 0.001% but in for a penny and all that lol!

There will be T&Cs on the website and distance selling regulations also ensure that the seller has a 'getout' in the case of a misprice if you buy on the web and they subsequently realise their mistake.

However, it may be that the same source is supplying prices to the shops too so it might be worth going in.

All you have to do then is find someone who wants a £9k lens - if you try to sell it on 'cheaply' its going to look dodgy.

:LOL: (y)

I wouldn't hold your breath though - even with properly priced stuff they find it hard to come up with the goods :shake:

Dont worry im not holding my breath! im expecting an email tomorrow saying misprice/out of stock etc but at the same time wondering what i could trade for it !!;)

Not been charged on my card yet, but RBS credit cards can take a couple of days to show

It's about time someone got a bargain - and I think £8k or so off the price would qualify :eek:

I think they do it on purpose, it's a great way for them to increase their website clicks via the various forums, if it generates a sale on another part of the site it's achieved its aim.

Can just imagine going into LCE and saying how much will you give me for this!! although knowing them i'll get loads of sucking through teeth and the oh about £250!!

heres the order details (for what they are worth!!)

ItemNo: 321-261D - EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM Super Telephoto Lens Qty: 1 Unit Price: £918.85 Ext. Price: £918.85 VAT: -£9.19
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: £918.85
VAT (15.0): £119.85
Taxable Amount: £0.00
Shipping: £11.95 (via Pre-12am Next Day Delivery - UK Mainland Only)
Handling: £0.00
Insurance: £3.15
Order Total: £933.95

I think they do it on purpose, they are a great way for them to increase their website clicks via the various forums, if it generates a sale on another part of the site it's achieved its aim.

I would agree 100% with that!

I'm not even remotely hoping to get it, but its worth a shot. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

The good news is, they can't charge any more than you've agreed to pay. The bad news is that their system will report a slight discrepancy in the profit and loss account. You will probably just get an automated email from them about how they are sorry but the order is canceled. This happened recently when Dell were selling a £3000 piece of hardware for £12.99 :(.

Ordered one.:LOL:

It is a shame its a friday, much more chance of the order going out if it was during the week. They will also sus it out when they have 20 orders for a 10k lens in 2 days when they sell one a month. UNless they process saturday morning.....
Hope i am wrong.

Trying the stores may pay more dividends, saturday staff not paying attention, and a computer pricing system that won't update until the techies come back in on monday...worth getting there early adn trying, before word hits....

Can you pay online and collect in store?

Last edited:
I think they will have more than 20 orders!

Ha Ha,

just received email

SHIPPING CALLBACK REQUIRED:
The system has determined that a sales representative
must contact you to resolve a shipping issue with
your order. The order total therefore is invalid,
and will not be finalized until the shipping issue
is resolved.

:nono:

I've not had that email yet, my order was processed just waiting on the sorry your order has been cancelled one!

I've not had that email yet, my order was processed just waiting on the sorry your order has been cancelled one!

it'll be the sorry your order had been cancelled but thanks for all your details and address and you can expect a tonne of emails and junk mail :D

I do kind of what to put in an order for the sake of it... It would be quite an investment if it was honoured. I'm just a little dubious they can afford to take an £8k hit per sale (to put it lightly).

Now then .... anyone want to swap an 800mm f/5.6 for a 300mm f/28?

Yes - there is a "get out" clause in the Ts and Cs on the CALUMENT site.

Gonna be some red faces in Calumet land on Monday I suspect and as they will have got stacks of people registering as members of the site they will be waiting to see if anyone has called "foul!" to the Trading Standards people - this could be a cynical ploy to find out who the potential buyers are out there - those with enough credit card funds to spend almost a grand - and they will now have a database of people to market to.

Ho humm!
Alan

I'm trying the pick up in store option to see if that gets through the net.

If they charge my card they are obliged to sell as they've entered into a contract

If they charge my card they are obliged to sell as they've entered into a contract

Not so, they don't enter into a contract until they confirm! They can take your pennies and still pull out later and issue a refund.

Not so, they don't enter into a contract until they confirm! They can take your pennies and still pull out later and issue a refund.

Once the transaction has been processed, it's a legally binding contract. They've agreed to sell it to you at that price, you've accepted that price, paid for it, they've taken your money, no going back!

That's the way it is in shops, at least!
Correct me if I'm wrong (y)

You're wrong, just because they've taken your money doesn't mean they have to honour the price!

I wish that was the case and I'd love to get an email saying order dispatched, but let's face it they will just say out of stock etc. There is no way they are going to lose 9k on a lens.

I wish that was the case and I'd love to get an email saying order dispatched, but let's face it they will just say out of stock etc. There is no way they are going to lose 9k on a lens.

"Well I'd have thought you'd want the business!" - Jessops customer asking to have £50 reduced off a compact camera just because.

Well I've just had the email saying wrong price and order cancelled.

Back