Thinking of buying a Bronica ERTsi

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
:help:
As the title suggest thinking of getting a medium format camera.

He's asking £350 with a 50 and 75mm lens. I'm thinking this is a good deal.

However before I spend what is alot of money, does anyone have any advice when it comes to making a purchase on a medium format camera.

Also the reviews I read seem to suggest that this is a safe buy, can any one on here confirm this or would they advise against. I'm also under the impression that when you buy camera body in medium format you become tied to the brand when it comes to the lenses, is bronica a good choice when it comes to lens?

Any comment is appreciated.:)

Nothing wrong with Bronica lenses at all. £350 sounds a reasonable price depending what condition it's in. Have you seen the camera or some decent pics of it? I'd never buy gear unseen without seeing some good high quality photos of it. If you can get some pics and stick them up here, we can probably advise on apparant condition.

I'm viewing it tomorrow and asked him to bring picture that he's taken with the camera.

It's been a while since I look at Bronnies but while that doesn't sound like a bad price it doesn't sound like a total bargain either. I'd be looking for something in pretty minty condition and probably be looking for it to come with a couple of backs and maybe some different finder options.
There's bargains to be had in the MF market for sure, you just have to spend time looking.
Actually, I just had a look on ebay and there's been plenty of ETRSIs with single lens in good looking nick going for sub £200.
50mm and 75mm are pretty similar focal lengths too so although it's basically a two lens kit, you might find you never really use one of the lenses. If you could get a nice one with the standard 75mm lens for less than £200 then that leaves you £150 towards a wideangle or a tele.
I got a Mamiya 645j with a jammed 80mm lens and wlf for £52 about 6 months ago, I semi fixed the lens and sold it for £30 so the body, wlf, winder and 120 insert cost me £20. Bit more basic that the etrsi but shows that bargains are out there.
I now have a 45mm and a 110mm lens which gives me the option of nice and wide for landscapes etc or a short tele for portraits.

The older 50mm lens in excellent condition sells for around £70-£100, so for the remaining £250 plus I'd want extras with the basic camera like the speed grip and the AEII prism.

I bought it in the end, couldn't help myself. came with a prism as well and ended up paying £235 and evey thing was in reall good condition apart from the 50mm with the apature ring and apature testing but where both a bit stiff.

cheers for all the advice.

sounds like you got a good deal there.

Andy

+1, sounds like a good deal. At £350 it sounded pretty steep, but I think you've got it bang on the mark at that price.

Back