Thinking of buying the Panasonic DC-FZ82EB-K Lumix Digital Camera

Name
martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all

I have been looking to buy a camera I do have a nikon d3100 but I don't really use it much, so found a buyer for my setup and am thinking to buy the Panasonic DC-FZ82EB-K Lumix Digital Camera it seems like it might be a fun camera to use.

I understand that the camera is being released this month so can't expect much advice regards it, but in general is Panasonic a good camera brand and is there Lumix range any good?.

Well the first question you need to ask yourself is why you don't use the d3100. If that answer is it's size then the lumix you mentioned won't get used either.

Hi you are correct in that size was an issue and I started tonight with the intention of getting a smaller camera the CANON EOS M10 (friend just bought one) then came across the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ80EB in doing so I came across the DC-FZ82EB-K.

I had a Nikon D5100 I traded down to a D3100 was a good deal for me, now sold the D3100 all because both these nikons I found boring, only lens I had other than the the default was a Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G DX Lens.

I got bored to be honest, but now feel I might have another try at photography, I Like the idea of a long zoom and fixed lens, also the macro shots I have seen look good aswell, plus the 4k photo shots being able to select the one I want looks fun, I never really took much interest in the Nikons which are good cameras but in my hands never really were used to there potential.

I always felt it was a two horse race Nikon or Canon that's why I am trying to get bit of info on these panasonic as there are too many mixed reviews to make a judgment.

Is one of the pocket sized from lumix not a option? They have some great travel compacts.

If you're bored, grab a Fuji. You can spend your time buying accessories to make it look cool :D

In all seriousness, Fuji x series cameras put the fun back into my photography as the kit can be small and light and the shooting experience is fun.

Likewise, micro four thirds kit is very compact and will still give decent image quality.

rjbell the second camera in my last post is a lumix and is pocket size, Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ80EB but then while looking at that one I came across the Panasonic LUMIX DC-FZ82EB-K both cost the same, but because the TZ80EB reviews were so mixed I felt I would like the bigger FZ82EB-K, but its only on pre sale not many reviews for it, I will do a side by side spec compare now.

Hi BacktotheFuji will look at them now thanks.

I recently got a LUMIX L15 and it's great.
Lacks a viewfinder, but very pocketable, with a 1" sensor it gives good quality too.

...but in general is Panasonic a good camera brand and is there Lumix range any good?.

I'd say that they're a good brand :D They're arguably not the fashion statement that a Fuji or Olympus may be but I prefer their more understated design.

The LUMIX DC-FZ82EB zoom range looks good but if you can settle for less zoom... I recently bought a DMC-TZ100EB-S which is genuinely coat pocketable, has a useable EVF, a 25-250mm zoom and a 1" sensor. I've been impressed by its image quality and it seems to be a good daylight day out and holiday camera.

Last edited:
Back