Thinking of getting a Nikon

I believe the F6 supports Nikon CLS lighting and iTTL (so will utilise your SB-600/800/900 flashes to their full potential), and it's the only 35mm body that does.

If flash is your thing. :)

I use a combination of a Nikon D90 and F90, both produce superb results and the AF lenses are fully compatible with both bodies

I've got an N90s (F90x outside the USA), and I believe (going from memory here as I haven't used it in a couple of years) it won't work with any "G" lenses (that is any lenses that don't have an aperture ring) in aperture priority or manual modes, as it does not have 2 command dials for controlling the aperture & shutter speed.

It only has a single dial for shutter speed, so shutter priority and program mode is pretty much your lot. If your lens has an aperture ring (like the 50mm f/1.8D or 300mm f/4 AF-S), then you can shoot manual and aperture priority modes.

I rate the F100 highly, I've also got a D700, so all the lenses are fully compatible, and they even feel very similar to handle and to hold. So much so that I often find myself looking at the back of the F100 after taking a shot:D

If it's a good 'un, £150 with a lens is a steal, they were about £800 new when production ended.

I agree the F100 is a great camera..verry similar to my D200 as regards to layout and handling...
I ended up taking the plunge in the end and ordered an F4 too along with some other stuff...my bank card isn't that happy LOL

I ended up taking the plunge in the end and ordered an F4 too along with some other stuff...my bank card isn't that happy LOL

I paid £2K (body only) for an F4 in 1996, which should make you feel a whole lot better. How much did you get it for as a matter of interest?

I paid £2K (body only) for an F4 in 1996, which should make you feel a whole lot better. How much did you get it for as a matter of interest?

I got it for £139 ...its mint with the MB-21 ....its like new from waht i can see of it and built like a Tank...
I will put a few pics up of it later

Dint??? That's virginal by comparison... here's mine... on a serious note if you wear specs the F3HP is very good.

DSC_0116.jpg

Dint??? That's virginal by comparison... here's mine... on a serious note if you wear specs the F3HP is very good.

DSC_0116.jpg

its still looks in good condition tome ..just some paint rubbing...There a brilliant camera and should last a lifetime

Well here is the F4 I picked up................
DSCF0082.jpg

leaving it on CH will cost a lot of money in film...

Theres no film in it at the moment ..been busy checking it all out before I leave them feedback for it,,Up to now everything looks great and I am more than happy with it...I also picked two Nikon F3s up but I only wanted the one ..I will probable end up selling or swapping one for another nikon..I will get some pics of them up later

I got it for £139 ...its mint with the MB-21 ....its like new from waht i can see of it and built like a Tank...
I will put a few pics up of it later

LOL. 139 quid!! It's a real workhorse of a camera. The nice thing about the F4 is that while it incorporates AF, it's the last of the line with a proper shutter speed dial and apertures where they should be - on the lens. After that it was all lcd screens and push pull data entry buttons - inevitable progress, but cameras lost something in the process.

Theres no film in it at the moment ..been busy checking it all out before I leave them feedback for it,,Up to now everything looks great and I am more than happy with it...I also picked two Nikon F3s up but I only wanted the one ..I will probable end up selling or swapping one for another nikon..I will get some pics of them up later

Drop me a line when you decide to unload it - I assume it'll be the one with the dented pentaprism in that photo...?

Drop me a line when you decide to unload it - I assume it'll be the one with the dented pentaprism in that photo...?

No I have 2 others..I had 4...it wasn't really a dint worth mentioning just me being picky with my rating ...
Its this one its very nearly mint with a databack and motor drive..theres just a small scuff on the winders handle

DSCF0085.jpg

Might we do a deal involving an F5, do you think...?

Back