Thinktank SubUrban disguise 20/30

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm in need of a new bag, and I'm thinking of a shoulder bag rather than a backpack for street stuff. I've been looking at the above, and they seem to have a fairly decent spec for the price. I currently venture out with the XH-1, 23, 56 and 90 lenses plus cards etc in a backpack. But I'm getting a bit fed up having to remove it every time I want to change lenses etc. It looks like the 30 will hold all that easily, but with the 20 I may need to leave the 90 at home. As I'm trying to travel more lightly for the street days that may not be a massive problem. Has anyone had experience of these or anything similar? I'm open to suggestions for bags of a similar spec/size

Cheers,
Nick

I have tried various shoulder/messenger type bags over the past few years
My photography is mostly travelling to European cities and backpacks can be a bit cumbersome plus not so secure.
ThinkTank Retrospective range are ok, had the 7 and the 10, latter would definitely hold your gear.
Bit heavy and short of secure compartments, padding is less than substantial too, also don't want to stand up when loaded.
Tenba make nice bags, I have a Switch 10 and a Cooper 13 Slim, both would probably hold your gear, latter definitely.
Cooper is the nicest and unfortunately dearest, very well thought out with many useful features, stands up too.

If you want to give things a try, have a look at one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13280667...il&pgrp=main:email&e=op&mchn=em&s=ci&mail=sys
I got one to see if I could really get on with a shoulder bag having sold the ThinkTank bags
Carted it round some German Christmas markets and decided I would give this type of bag another go

Last edited:
I'm liking the look of the Tenba's. Quite unobtrusive and stealthy

I'm liking the look of the Tenba's. Quite unobtrusive and stealthy

They are indeed, a decent compromise between form and function, not cheap, but not the crazy prices of some makes.
I still prefer backpacks and the way load is distributed, but they are not always the best option.
In crowded places they can be a nuisance plus its easier to swing a shoulder bag round ones front for security.
One thing I would look for is access to the camera section from the top of the bag, makes life a lot easier.

They are indeed, a decent compromise between form and function, not cheap, but not the crazy prices of some makes.
I still prefer backpacks and the way load is distributed, but they are not always the best option.
In crowded places they can be a nuisance plus its easier to swing a shoulder bag round ones front for security.
One thing I would look for is access to the camera section from the top of the bag, makes life a lot easier.

Agreed re backpacks. Last weekend, I lost count of the number of people I sideswiped moving between them in Chinatown.

Back