Thirlmere

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
The view of Thirlmere reservoir from Ravens Crag. I'm interested to hear all your views, good or bad.
This is my first picture posted in the forums so hopefully it will appear.....

IMG_1451-1.jpg

(Canon 400d, Sigma 10-20mm, ISO 100, F/13, 1/25 sec)

Well you have got foreground interest thats for sure! I like everything about this shot. Even the dead trees on the right. Seems the Sigma 10 - 20mm is a very popular lens.

lovely shot, right from the front to the back. Pardon my ignorance, but were is this place please.

i agree with sawman, lovely compostion and foreground interest. The Sigma is a fantastic lens, love mine to bits (even more now its got a stonking nd filter on it!)

lovely shot, right from the front to the back. Pardon my ignorance, but were is this place please.

its in the Lake District (y)

Yep it's in the lake district, roughly between Windermere and Keswick.

The Sigma 10-20mm certainly does seem a popular lens, i'd recommend it to anyone in a flash.

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

not bad for a 1st post
actually not bad for a seasoned pro imho!

:agree: with the above, thats a great shot

Flippin cracking! Love the composition, the foreground interest really is nice and the view is amazing.

great photo, i really want the 10-20, funds are an issue atm. Where you were there is apparently a very good place to get low flying aircraft, they fly down thirlmere very low.

Where you were there is apparently a very good place to get low flying aircraft, they fly down thirlmere very low.

Yes, it's a great place for low flying aircraft. They come over Dunmail raise and drop down and fly the entire length of the reservoir. From the very top, where this shot was taken, you look down onto them. The best spot is an opening in the woods half way up where you are roughly eye level with them.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, appreciate it.

Back