This afternoon along the Clyde

good set. One of the few times I've seen HDR being used to enhance the subject rather than kill it.

good set. One of the few times I've seen HDR being used to enhance the subject rather than kill it.

Thanks very much :), although I didn't actually use any HDR in these shots: I simply boosted the vibrance a bit and adjusted the white balance. I've been afraid to try any HDR as it always seems to divide opinion around these parts.

As I'm still learning, does anyone have any advice on how I can improve upon these photos? I've been framing, shooting, and editing my photos purely based on what I think looks cool to me, but I don't really have any formal knowledge (e.g., composition, colour, etc.) underpinning these decisions.

Nice set, I particularly like 1 and 4 but only the right way up ;o)

Nice set, I particularly like 1 and 4 but only the right way up ;o)

Thanks!

Yeah, I've had this desire to rotate a number of my images that I've been actively trying to fight off, but I was unsuccessful with regard to 4. I like how the rotation can make some subjects unrecognisable and seemingly more abstract—to me anyway—but I worry that it probably just looks ridiculous in most instances...

Last edited:
RJ, another excellent set of images. I do very much like your work and as I have said before you have an excellent eye for a a strong image. I particularly like 1 & 4 both have an excellent abstract quality.

Thanks very much :), although I didn't actually use any HDR in these shots:.

even better :) I thought 2 and 3 had had the treatment :confused:

RJ, another excellent set of images. I do very much like your work and as I have said before you have an excellent eye for a a strong image. I particularly like 1 & 4 both have an excellent abstract quality.

Thanks again for your kind comments :D! Yeah, I really like searching for and shooting those abstract shots at the moment, so hopefully I can continue to please.

Love the abstract look of #1

Thank you, I was really happy with the way that #1 turned out.

even better :) I thought 2 and 3 had had the treatment :confused:

:)

Back