this evening...

Name
Poppy-Leigh
Edit My Images
Yes
i got bored, so i wandered round the house (its too cold outside) and found my mum's x-mas twinkly lights (which she leaves out all year cos she loves them) and came up with these, they're not great but...

IMG_3208sml.jpg

IMG_3214sml.jpg

3. (my favourite)
IMG_3217sml.jpg

Hi mate.

Several things very quickly stick out.

1: The lighting. Its a little all over the place, I think as a result of some bulbs being in shot?

2: The compisition is way off. You need to take a shot from further back and avoid all the clutter.

3: The photos are very very blurry and grainy. A better understanding of the light, and your camera settings will help you develop a skill over time making these problems easy to avoid.

4: The background, you should read about "light boxes", there are several examples on the forum of home made cheap setups, and fantastc results.

Please do not be put off, looking forward to seeing how you develop your skill.

Definitely don't get disheartened :) Think maybe your shutter speed might have been a bit low in some of them which may explain them not being so sharp - try raising the ISO and keeping your shutter speed above 1/60th as a rough guide.

Post back soon with more :)

Did you use a tripod? If not, one word...

Shutterspeed

1/25", 1/13", 1.3"... and interestingly, the slowest looks the sharpest. I don't think you really needed to use f/11, and changing this would bring the shutterspeed up.

Back