This is getting a lot of heat on another forum,

Has that video been cut since you posted it to make them look ok doing it.
Reading the comments it says the bird was on a post at the side of the road and they had long Nikon and Canon lens's with them.
But in the video it just shows a guy very close to the bird with what appears to be another guy in the background firing off shot after shot.

Whilst I agree to leaving food out for birds so they come a little close for you to get a better shot I think theses guys are deliberately keeping the food from the bird, which is not good.

Lovely bird by the way

It seems to me that the owl was relatively comfortable in human company anyway, otherwise it simply wouldn't have hung around at all.

You can argue that domestication of such an animal is a bad thing, and I would agree with you, but you can't pin the blame on those photographers. For that owl to have the lack of fear that it had it's quite obvious to me that the owl had already been exposed to humans on a regular basis, probably since birth.

I agree with Andy. It's quite obvious that this particular owl was no stranger to humans. It might even have been an escaped aviary bird. Clearly, it could have flown away any time it wanted but it chose to stay. Personally, I find caged animals in zoos far more abhorrent than that.

From what I've read from the other forum, it appears that the guy had tied a mouse to a piece of string to get the owl interested..!

Yes I agree the owl could have flown of at any time, but I feel as if if these people are just teasing it...

I cant believe the bird is getting that close to them!

But anyway not cool...

Back