This isn't really a passion of mine

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
... well it is I suppose, as its growing on my fence..
But I could never resist the opportunity for a good pun :D

View attachment 105736

Those things are amazing, I swear Capt Kirk bought them back.......

Mine aren't doing that well this year :( dunno why though.
Given up trying, they never work for us and we just get irritated when we see other's plants doing well when ours are brown. :)

It's a beauty, Chris.

My first ever digital photo was almost exactly the same as that! Always a bit of a PITA to get enough DoF to cover the bu99ers from front to back.

We've got loads - just one that I planted after growing it from seed and loads of self seedlings from fruits I've failed to pick out or that have dropped while we're away. The bees love it - which is a bit of a pain since it's just outside the front door but the flowers are on the other side of the plant (mainly) and the few bees that browse on the door side are more intent on feeding than stinging us!

Always seems a shame that this species isn't one of the tasty ones! It's allegedly edible but not worth the effort IMO. Always make good subjects though.

Always seems a shame that this species isn't one of the tasty ones! It's allegedly edible but not worth the effort IMO
That one bore fruit last year, and I'm with you on that :(

If it's happy where it is, beware of it self seeding!

If it's happy where it is, beware of it self seeding!
I had one fruit off it last year, the birds had the rest, I doubt that it'll get a chance to self seed :D

If it gets well established, the chances are that you'll miss a fruit and/or the birds will drop a seed or 2 - it's a slippery slope and the buggers seem to put down strong roots before sending up their leaves. Hacked ours right back a while ago and it's thriving on the rough treatment!

it's a slippery slope and the buggers seem to put down strong roots before sending up their leaves.
I don't care if it does, its not in the way, its at the back of the pond covering the 6' fence at the end of my garden, the more the merrier (y)

Hacked ours right back a while ago and it's thriving on the rough treatment!
I did that last spring to that one its doing well (y)

Reactions: Nod
Wow, that's amazing thanks for posting , need to up my game lol ;)

Back