This makes me very happy

Or just buy fewer rolls and be more selective?

Well I already do that for the old good 35mm and 120 stuff left in the freezer ;) and getting by generally using Vista but although good film, Superia 200, Ektar, Portra, Fuji 400h are the best.

Kodachrome was magical, but yes, unlikely to come back. It had a great and unique look, and having scanned lots of old slides from different sources and processes, the Kodachrome ones seem much more durable than most others too, in terms of retaining their colours etc. Most of my childhood was recorded using it, and I'm pleased to say I managed to use it plenty myself when I was younger.

As said though, Ektachrome is really good too, and a welcome return indeed :)

Or just buy fewer rolls and be more selective?
The discipline of film is a huge benefit. Stop, view, wait for the light, anticipate the results.....

Welcome back Ektachrome.... some great news.... hope my Kodak slide projector still works.... it's been a while [emoji106]

Personally I'm not fussed about the old slide films making a comeback, however for those of you who are looking forward to shooting it then (y)(y).....I hope for you, that it happens!

From a slide pov, I actually have a small projector , Russian etude I think it's called.

Anyway i have no longer a use for it so should anyone have, a yearn to shoot, process and ultimately view mounted 35mm slides, then I'll let it go to a good home and sort a freebie classifieds.

All I ask is for the postage , bear in mind it's located in France!

Naturally I'll check it over and calculate postage cost however I believe it works fine and includes a spare bulb i think and a UK 3 pin plug!

I used Ektachrome 100 and 200 in days gone by (35mm versions) and found 200 pushed to 800 was much better than 400 pushed one stop. Although fo rreal quality Kodachrome 64 was very hard to beat, but I'd love to see both 100 and 200 come back asap, not that fussed about it in 120, my guess is price would be prohibitive in terms of price of a roll and processing, although I do have some old 6x6 slides in glass mounts and they are great to view even without a projector!
Next we'll be seeing Cibachrome make a comeback, wonder what the environmental police would say about that?
Matt

Personally I'm not fussed about the old slide films making a comeback, however for those of you who are looking forward to shooting it then (y)(y).....I hope for you, that it happens!

From a slide pov, I actually have a small projector , Russian etude I think it's called.

Anyway i have no longer a use for it so should anyone have, a yearn to shoot, process and ultimately view mounted 35mm slides, then I'll let it go to a good home and sort a freebie classifieds.

All I ask is for the postage , bear in mind it's located in France!

Naturally I'll check it over and calculate postage cost however I believe it works fine and includes a spare bulb i think and a UK 3 pin plug!

:banana:(y)

Be sure to stash it well Carl…...That Nick fella can get into all the TINY places when he's searchin' for summat.:p

If you tuck it away on a 3ft high shelf, he won't be able to see it! :exit::D:D:D
:bat: you’ve been back for 5 minutes!

I know i know…..my English is deteriorating more and more, verbally as well as written:(…..I chat with my mother in Franglais ( mix of French and English!:D) cos I often can't find the English words…...More often than not she hasn't a clue what I'm blathering about:confused::LOL:

Back