This one...I like

Edit My Images
Yes
Was covering a Women's football game yesterday.
And here are two shots that prove that it just might be worth keeping your camera pointed at the action - even when the ball is going out of play.

This is a player from Kuusysi (the SixtyNiners) from Lahti.
Obviously wanting some ball control practice - while jumping.
Got two shots pretty well focused and sharp enough... for something that was totally out of the blue.

First image OVER HERE shows her just moments before she connects with the ball, and the second image is right at the moment like THIS when she connects with the ball.

Pretty happy myself with these..

It's probably my eyes but they don't look that sharp at all :shrug:

I think maybe KIPAX f.4 would be handy in this one....I know they might not be pin-sharp. But I just, for fun, cropped the image to the ball and looking at it on 50%...it seems 'acceptable' to me. And when it was printed on the paper... well, it looked OK, IMO..

Here's the 'ball'...

APL_9663.jpg

I liked the expression on her face. What didn't make sense was the goal(?) that was in shot. Given the assistant referee is on the touchline and the player is near the halfway line, why is there a sideways on goal in shot?

I liked the expression on her face. What didn't make sense was the goal(?) that was in shot. Given the assistant referee is on the touchline and the player is near the halfway line, why is there a sideways on goal in shot?

I would imagine it's a goal on another pitch Russell.

Well caught GooGaBu (y), in this instance I don't think it's a major issue if they aren't 100% pin sharp.

:LOL: this pitch was in the middle of couple other ones... so yes the goal in the background was just wheeled from another pitch.
I got few other pictures at the game where goals were in even funnier positions.. and to be honest the balls on the sidelines ha about as many balls going in them as did the 'real' goals.

Thanks for the comment !!!

:LOL: this pitch was in the middle of couple other ones... so yes the goal in the background was just wheeled from another pitch.
I got few other pictures at the game where goals were in even funnier positions.. and to be honest the balls on the sidelines ha about as many balls going in them as did the 'real' goals.

Thanks for the comment !!!

I'd forgotten about parks football. It's some ten years since my son stopped playing football. Goals in all sorts of places. The captures are great.

A touch more contrast maybe?

I think you got a point there... I am sure a little contrast would be beneficial for the photo. Will see if I get around to editing it a little at some point...

Thanks for the comment !!

Hi X-it Spook!, It looks IMO, you've added some noise reduction to pic2?, which is probably why tigerimages viewed the shot as being unsharp!. Is Lady's footy big at your home?. Kind regards Graham.

Hi X-it Spook!, It looks IMO, you've added some noise reduction to pic2?, which is probably why tigerimages viewed the shot as being unsharp!. Is Lady's footy big at your home?. Kind regards Graham.

Yes, did NoiseNinja on the image...was a gloomy day and slight drizzle as well.

And to answer your question, Ladies footy isn't that big around here, only about 20 people were watching this game... seen some with few 100 spectators.. but really it is very minority sport.
BUT!!! I think it offers more photographic situations than mens footy, at least over here...

Thanks for comments!!!

Back