This place is busy

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Just an observation really, haven't had much time to keep an eye on whats happening and when I clicked new posts tonight there were about 120 threads I hadn't even looked at. Well done guys :notworthy:

Which is probably more than can be said for some others ... :p

And ditto the:notworthy: comments from Dod ... (y)

thanks Dod...yes it is busy, and thats all down to you guys, thanks for using Talk Photography,

...Onward and Upward!

I've recommended a friend to come here today... hope he comes along soon

Indeed. I've always stated that a forum is nothing without its members.

If you guys hadn't been posting, then there's be no new posts to read :)

So thanks to YOU lot for being the community here...We just provide the seats :)

'scuse me while I go and do some manly stuff...I need to do some DIY or something, get me some credibility back for being mushy :D

Got to admit its a struggle to keep up these days, not a bad thing - also the place maintains its friendly atmosphere which is the reason I came here in the first place.

Well done all:clap:

(y)

even Arkady's comments seem endearing now I've got used to him...this site is great and I love you guys....my man is in the kitchen making jam and icecream and I think he is VERY manly lol

ermmmm..... Cor look at the thingies on her!

more manlyness for you...

Braeden said:
I've recommended a friend to come here today... hope he comes along soon

And I recommended a total stranger on Saturday whilst out strawberry picking ... work that out ... :p

Well ... he did invite me along to his local camera club (Harlow) ... when it reconvenes in September ... after the summer recess ... :LOL:

Hope he shows now ... :D

im manly, i do the ironing on a saturday when the wifes out working!

matty said:
im manly, i do the ironing on a saturday when the wifes out working!

And I pic strawberries ... cos she tells me too ... :p

See thread if you don't believe ... :LOL:

Agree the activity level is good.

Hope we don't get too many people thinking their pictures are being ignored just because the activity level may dilute the comment ratio a bit.

I have to regularly scratch my bum and drink milky tea with sugar, just to remind me which side of the fence I was born on.....

I blame being a house husband :D It's thrown me internal balance out of wack :p

RobertP said:
Hope we don't get too many people thinking their pictures are being ignored just because the activity level may dilute the comment ratio a bit.

Noticed this already Robert ... :eek:

Very real problem looming ... assume already discussed at 'Top Management' level ... :p

RobertP said:
Agree the activity level is good.

i do try and make sure i look at every picture and comment, but i was out yesterday, and had a page and a half full to look at this morning, by the time i got to it tonight it was nearly 2 pages.

Looks like lots of people are still taking the time to look at all of them though, and most images get a good few comments too, so its all fine!:clap:

Venomator said:

Noticed this already Robert ... :eek:

Very real problem looming ... assume already discussed at 'Top Management' level ... :p

;)

I was recommended this place by Noah - and rightly so, it seems!

I must agree, it's getting real hard to keep up with posts in the photosharing section, If i'm busy for a day then I stand no chance of catching up with the previous 24 hours. I suppose one benefit is it means that hopefully more people will post in critique as it's quieter in there ;)

I was wondering when you'd be along Mr Ansari! I've seen your stuff over at OCUK. Very impressive.

you need better time management Joe, try not working during the day, thats how i keep up

Joe T said:
lol, some of us have to work for a living!

lol your still online when i am!:LOL:

even Arkady's comments seem endearing now I've got used to him...this site is great and I love you guys....my man is in the kitchen making jam and icecream and I think he is VERY manly lol

Cheers - Note to Self - Must try Harder to offend people...

woh that's so manly Matty, wouldn't catch you making jam now would we?

STOP! That's so WRONG!!!

Well i should be working at the mo, but as usual i am larking round here. This place is a great source of procrastination ;)

It does also have some great pictures and people too. As has been said, it really is the friendliest forum i have been on.
:D

We is the Best - officially - even MSN search says so...top 12 apparently...

Its a fact that on most large forums the **General Discussion** forum has the most activity.

Take a look at The DVD Forums.... Initially a DVD based forum but most member are there for either the Bargain Forum or to chat in the General Discussion debates.

I hope that doesnt become the norm here..:(

busterboy said:
Its a fact that on most large forums the **General Discussion** forum has the most activity.

Take a look at The DVD Forums.... Initially a DVD based forum but most member are there for either the Bargain Forum or to chat in the General Discussion debates.

I hope that doesnt become the norm here..:(

photo sharing is by far the busiest, dont think this will turn ibto offtopic.com

Nah we're first and foremost a photography forum, and we'll stay that way...I'm not speaking for Matty and DF, cos I havent asked them, but I know it's what I want, and I'm sure they do too.

I know what you mean at DVDF, while it's a good forum, it has kinda detracted from its original ethos. Just like OcUK has.

The problem with some forums, is that they get a calling for a particular topic and try and embrace it in its own forum, kinda like branching out. That's not to say it's a bad thing, but it can have a detrimental effect on the original community and the original reason teh forum was started.

Therefore, from my seat, I want this place to stay first and foremost a photography forum, and no one other subject (or collective of subjects) will ever be more prominent on here. :)

(I just hope Matty and DF agree with me now, or I've got one hell of a catfight comin up :p)

Arkady said:
We is the Best - officially - even MSN search says so...top 12 apparently...

photography forums = #12 on msn Worldwide
talk photography = #1 on MSN worldwide
photography talk = #1 msn worldwide
Photography forums = #1 MSN UK
Talk photography = #2 Google worldwide

still working on google, 96million pages for photography forums!

Marcel said:
I know what you mean at DVDF, while it's a good forum, it has kinda detracted from its original ethos. Just like OcUK has.

That is exactly what I was trying to say Marcel, You just worded it better than me.;) Public schools..:razz::razz::razz:

As you frequent that site like myself most of the arguments/flame wars/personal attacks come from stupid reasons on The General Forums and it would be a shame to see this place turn out the same.:(

As I fully believe,;) this place is the place to be for a decent bit of banter but most of all photography.:)

May it stay this way...:clap:

Marcel said:
Nah we're first and foremost a photography forum, and we'll stay that way...I'm not speaking for Matty and DF, cos I havent asked them, but I know it's what I want, and I'm sure they do too.

The problem with some forums, is that they get a calling for a particular topic and try and embrace it in its own forum, kinda like branching out. That's not to say it's a bad thing, but it can have a detrimental effect on the original community and the original reason teh forum was started.

Therefore, from my seat, I want this place to stay first and foremost a photography forum, and no one other subject (or collective of subjects) will ever be more prominent on here. :)

(I just hope Matty and DF agree with me now, or I've got one hell of a catfight comin up :p)

what he said

Marcel said:
I have to regularly scratch my bum and drink milky tea with sugar, just to remind me which side of the fence I was born on.....

I blame being a house husband :D It's thrown me internal balance out of wack :p

I know what you mean mate.

I didn't know my @rse from my elbow when I used to do the ironing and the Mrs lay on the couch farting.

busterboy said:
As I fully believe,;) this place is the place to be for a decent bit of banter but most of all photography.:)

May it stay this way...:clap:

aye, tis a great balance as it is. (y)

Any talk of Kittens and Knitting will get short shrift from me...

Back