this printer profiling lark ....

Edit My Images
No
Yup ... this printer profiling lark is getting me all confused it is .. :bonk:

Just recently profiled my large format Epson 7600 Pro using both a Colormunki Photo and also a Spyder3studio SR. Profiled exactly as per instructions and loaded the ICC files into windows. CS5 sees them just fine and used the same printer settings as i used to print the profile sheets out as per the instructions.

Just done a few test prints using both the profiles at 2880dpi and the output is C**P ! ... Colours are terrible .. quite reddish.

Just printed the same files in Paint shop Pro with bog standard settings and the prints are near perfect !

What could i be doing wrong ? :thinking:

perhaps you are double profiling - where you are applying the profile in Photoshop - and then again at the printer... (though the print driver)

Which explains why the output from a different program is good...

perhaps you are double profiling - where you are applying the profile in Photoshop - and then again at the printer... (though the print driver)

Which explains why the output from a different program is good...

Not sure what you mean by double profiling the ICC files ..

when i choose print in CS5 i choose the profile in the print box ... then i go into printer setup and choose my print options like size , dpi etc .. then print.

You can have the profile in your print driver - in which case you do not apply it in Photoshop - or you can have it in Photoshop - in which case don't have the profile in the printer driver.

If you apply it at both - that's double profiling.... simples! ;-)

Back