This River keeps on Giving

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Very nice Les, lovely pose too.

Saw one of its smaller brethren at the weekend, a little egret, in a wetlands near me, but it was too far away to get a decent image.

Very nice Les, lovely pose too.

Saw one of its smaller brethren at the weekend, a little egret, in a wetlands near me, but it was too far away to get a decent image.

They are hard to get close too- that's why I wear camo Steve :)

Nice capture Les :)

- not a very big bush then, matey? :p

Russ:)

It was a very large bush about 15 ft high :) Thank you for the comments Russ :)

very nice and to get so close is a bonus.
Rob.

Thank you Rob, nice of you to comment :)

Les

Must be the lack of traffic along the road - never seen an Egret on this river in 15 years

They're getting more common these days in our neck of the woods Les. Never used to see them and only a few of the little egrets when I walked the dog every morning, now I see loads of the little ones and few of these most weeks now. Have you seen the cranes yet? Lucky enough to have them fly over us from time to time but have heard they are getting closer and closer to Taunton when in the air.

Have you seen the cranes yet? Lucky enough to have them fly over us from time to time but have heard they are getting closer and closer to Taunton when in the air.

I was wondering this, if the Great White Egrets are straying from the Somerset Levels, no reason why the Cranes shouldn.t follow. :)

I was wondering this, if the Great White Egrets are straying from the Somerset Levels, no reason why the Cranes shouldn.t follow. :)
Makes sense, Tend to hear the cranes before I see them, they are quite noisy times. Also had more otter sightings this year as well, all of them gorging themselves on swan mussels, crunch, crunch, crunch.

Makes sense, Tend to hear the cranes before I see them, they are quite noisy times. Also had more otter sightings this year as well, all of them gorging themselves on swan mussels, crunch, crunch, crunch.
Love Cranes, don't see many Otters though.

They're getting more common these days in our neck of the woods Les. Never used to see them and only a few of the little egrets when I walked the dog every morning, now I see loads of the little ones and few of these most weeks now. Have you seen the cranes yet? Lucky enough to have them fly over us from time to time but have heard they are getting closer and closer to Taunton when in the air.

I see Cranes quite regularly flying high though over the likes of Greylake and surrounding area's - not as yet along my river patch :)

Les

Back