"This selfie photobombed by a horse has sparked a row in Prestatyn over a £2,000 holiday"

Really - thats just how messed up things have become - should have asked permission...

Unbelievable! How petty and jealous can people be. She should be ashamed of herself for taking that attitude

Jeez, fancy being saddled with an owner that stupid. :)

It beggars belief.

Not the first time this has happened. Once, I was a member of a camera club (yes, big mistake) but one guy went to a local stables with the stable owner's permission and took a picture of a horse. A cute "Ahhh" type picture. Won a club competition and was mentioned in the local rag. Total prize - a pat on the back.

Cue solicitor's letters that went on for something like six months about disrespect and compensation. Apparently the horse had been bought by the owner to help her get over the death of her mother (what? yes you heard right) and seeing the horse in the local rag was causing untold grief to the family some 2 years after mother shuffled off this mortal coil.

I know you won't believe the story, but it's true.

I'd love to be in the Customer Service department writing the response to her letter when it comes in....

Small world in Prestatyn and the Daily Post is read widely, she'll be the butt of jokes and snide comments from locals now, just imagine what people will be saying behind her back?

Has she never photographed her horse.

Shame the horse has moved...

Sad old world as she could have gotten some good karma for her and her business but simply congratulating him with a "I'm glad the horse smiled, she likes the attention....."

But equally sadly the fiasco will polarise opinion locally...........and cynic that I am I can see the holiday company giving her something as a goodwill gesture to calm things down and avoid a bad news outcome. In the meantime she has soured the whole thing for the winner and the horse will no longer enjoy folk a stopping to talk to it and give it some attention :(

Jeez, remember the days when if someone in the community won something big, it'd be, 'well done', 'Good for you' etc..
If she had known about the competition,she could've entered and won...?
What a way to sour a young families lucky break.

Yeas a bit sad really. It would have good if the horse owner had just been happy that the family had won a holiday. Pity the newspaper could not had looked at the legal situation and included in the article that photographing anything from a public place does not need the permission of the owner.

Dave

why has dad told the little lad about it when theres only one outcome and that's to upset him...

David, from Prestatyn, North Wales, said: “Jacob is really upset and has been crying and asking me if we are not going to be allowed to go on the holiday anymore.

I know you won't believe the story, but it's true.
Sadly I do believe you :(
ad old world as she could have gotten some good karma for her and her business but simply congratulating him with a "I'm glad the horse smiled, she likes the attention....."
Exactly !

and cynic that I am I can see the holiday company giving her something as a goodwill gesture to calm things down and avoid a bad news outcome
And of course that's the "ending" she was hoping for ( cynic? you and me both ;) )

why has dad told the little lad about it when theres only one outcome and that's to upset him...
Its called "Touche' "
A small child balling their eyes out, at the loss of a holiday, must trump miserable woman

We might be shocked but be honest, are we surprised?

I cannot help but think it would be a really great move on the part of Thomson Holidays to respond by upgrading them to the very best up expenses paid trip now just to rub it in this miserable cows face, I mean what miserable bitter and twist bint she must be

Spectacular, reads like a piece on The Onion.

"I didn’t even know that this competition was on. If I had known about it we would have entered it ourselves", solid observation.

Daughter claims she congratulated him on the win and never wanted any of the prize. Clearly still very bitter about it though. (Both mum and daughter have public Facebook profiles).

Last edited:

And you produce content for newspapers yet still believe whats written in them?
It makes the story for the local rag, greedy owner upsets little boy.

I cannot help but think it would be a really great move on the part of Thomson Holidays to respond by upgrading them to the very best up expenses paid trip now just to rub it in this miserable cows face, I mean what miserable bitter and twist bint she must be
or even better, give the horse a holiday, it probably needs one from a miserable owner like that, leave the owner behind. The owner would have a longer face than the horse!

If the comments around Prestatyn are anything like the comments following the article I would think that Nicola might be looking to move away quite soon (or grow a beard!).

Maybe the Horse agreed to the photo being taken :D:D:D:D

A little off topic but - Interestingly though you can of course have a public right of way (footpath) on owners land - does that potentially require the owners permission to take photos?

A little off topic but - Interestingly though you can of course have a public right of way (footpath) on owners land - does that potentially require the owners permission to take photos?

Yes - though more properly the owner has to prohibit the use of cameras, as automatically it's considered legal to take pictures where you have a right of way IIRC

"“My daughter could have entered the competition if she had known about it.”"

But she didnt, so STHU?

Do people realise how stupid they sound?

"I would have picked those lottery numbers if i had known about it, where is my £33million?"

I would say that he should have got permission from the horse itself, but I guess all it would say is Ney! :D:D:exit:

Could be a Greek horse - "Neh" is Greek for "Yes"!;)

Back