This weekend, where you at: 01/10/2010

Its local for me, 2 stops on the tube ;) As for the fans, thats the worst thing about going there everyone thinks they are in the football factory.

Will be a bit more squashed this weekend as at the Champs League they let some togs behind the goal so free'd up some space on the sides.

Yeah, I have to trek to paddington and then round on the district line. Can never be arsed with that. I noticed that they'd let some people behind the goals too...is that a new thing this year?

Yeah, I have to trek to paddington and then round on the district line. Can never be arsed with that. I noticed that they'd let some people behind the goals too...is that a new thing this year?

Only for champs league due to the higher advertising boards as they don't sell the first 2 rows of seats. Plus on the sides it meant you had to perch your stool on that little ledge, how I never fell off is beyond me.

Southend-On-Sea for the Southend -v- Taunton National League 2 South. Hope they brought some cider with them. :beer:

Saturday evning I will be covering Raging Bull Boxing in Nottingham @ Oceana

Wales Press Conference tomorrow (Team announcement for 2x Euro Quali's)
Bristol City v Norwich City saturday

Nothing much else... there's some golf in Wales but I wasn't invited.

As a Norwich fan, watchout for Wes Hoolahan. Absolutely on fire atm, especially if they play the diamond formation ;)

just off the phone with Chelsea, 50 togs in, gonna be fun!

That will be fun, who's in the que now............ ha ha

I'm at the South coast club thats now letting togs back in vs. Bournemouth

just off the phone with Chelsea, 50 togs in, gonna be fun!

You wouldnt want that job on commision only against all them...

Wow! What a match at Crystal Palace. QPR went one up in the second half and held on until about 2 mins to go when Palace equalised. The place went bonkers. Then QPR slotted a winner in 3 minutes into injury time. Amazing stuff. I'm actually getting to quite like football!

Handily, I was at the correct end for the QPR goals and had put myself in direct line between their supporters and the goal, so got a nice set of each goal plus some corking celebrations too.

Hi to Helen who was having a cracking time too I think, despite the rain.

Just as a quick aside - having nailed and filed pics from the first QPR goal and celebration, and with the match nearly finished, I figured I was sitting pretty with some quite valuable pics.

When Palace scored and I just had the cele and no goal (players screening the shooter annoyingly) I was gutted as a Palace equaliser was a much bigger story than the QPR goal. Seeing my day's income go down the tubes I was pretty gutted. Then 4 mins later QPR got the winner and I had that goal and cele as well, I was stoked again and happy as a sandboy. Pics wired and sent in a jiffy despite the rain.

I'm still on a bit of a high at the moment. Strange really - a stonking match, very exciting, and getting the money shots into the bargain. I love this stuff.

Fingers crossed for the papers. That pesky Helen better not get any in!

Am surprised none of you guys are at the Ryder Cup. I went yesterday but didn't see much golf, plenty of rain and quite a few photographers.

When I wasn't watching golf I was watching photographers. :D

Am surprised none of you guys are at the Ryder Cup. I went yesterday but didn't see much golf, plenty of rain and quite a few photographers.

When I wasn't watching golf I was watching photographers. :D

There are a couple on here there, they're too busy wringing out their clothing to be posting on here though ;)

Just as a quick aside - having nailed and filed pics from the first QPR goal and celebration, and with the match nearly finished, I figured I was sitting pretty with some quite valuable pics.

When Palace scored and I just had the cele and no goal (players screening the shooter annoyingly) I was gutted as a Palace equaliser was a much bigger story than the QPR goal. Seeing my day's income go down the tubes I was pretty gutted. Then 4 mins later QPR got the winner and I had that goal and cele as well, I was stoked again and happy as a sandboy. Pics wired and sent in a jiffy despite the rain.

I'm still on a bit of a high at the moment. Strange really - a stonking match, very exciting, and getting the money shots into the bargain. I love this stuff.

Fingers crossed for the papers. That pesky Helen better not get any in!

Sounded like a great match. Similar to Boro v Pompey i was at today.
Got **** all from the boro 2 first half goals, and decided to stay and sit out the Pompey attack second half. As they had all the possession first half.
My plan worked out, getting both the pompey goals and celes right in front of me :) Not holding much hope with the papers tomorow though.

Last edited:
Hi to Helen who was having a cracking time too I think, despite the rain.

Hi back to Tobers.... Loved it! If every championship game is like that, with that atmosphere, I want more!

Like the big T, I stuck myself in front of the QPR fans just hoping for a goal and the celebrations to come my way... And they did :)

Lets see what next weekend brings :nuts:

I cancelled Hull v Coventry (good job too!) as I ended up with a paid job. Anyone at Accy Stanley will have had a busy afternoon though! (y):LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hi back to Tobers.... Loved it! If every championship game is like that, with that atmosphere, I want more!

Like the big T, I stuck myself in front of the QPR fans just hoping for a goal and the celebrations to come my way... And they did :)

Lets see what next weekend brings :nuts:

Good to see you've got into the footie Helen, is this through an agency or newspaper?

Football League Paper, News of the World and Observer for me today...hopefully some more tomorrow.

Plus 3 in The Sun for me today from Palace v QPR. Hopefully they will pay for each individual picture :D.

Bizarrely the other papers that carried pics of the game used some very curious pictures...

Plus 3 in The Sun for me today from Palace v QPR. Hopefully they will pay for each individual picture :D.

Bizarrely the other papers that carried pics of the game used some very curious pictures...

I found the same with some of ours...lots of stock being used this weekend. Worrying trend!

That's one hell of a haul you got there Tobers! Nice work. I was wondering who's were in the sun this morning.

New rule... stay away from Getty and Tobers :)

I had Kieran on here next to me on Saturday...I was getting lonely after the first half so went and sat next to him. Don't think he was too happy! :D:p

Got an online in The Sun today...David James was NOT happy this weekend. Reckon he'll be off in the Jan transfer window...outside bet would be Arsenal.

Got to say that The Sun have some excellent football coverage. Since I started doing footie towards the end of last season I've been watching the papers like a hawk, and although people often laugh at The Sun for various reasons, their football coverage is excellent. They manage to pick up and analyse the key points of matches much better than the other papers I think, and use pics effectively to back them up.

Interesting re David James and Arsenal - I think they need someone new and fresh, not an "old hand". Preferably an English keeper too - no more of this foreign stuff.

Got to say that The Sun have some excellent football coverage. Since I started doing footie towards the end of last season I've been watching the papers like a hawk, and although people often laugh at The Sun for various reasons, their football coverage is excellent. They manage to pick up and analyse the key points of matches much better than the other papers I think, and use pics effectively to back them up.

Interesting re David James and Arsenal - I think they need someone new and fresh, not an "old hand". Preferably an English keeper too - no more of this foreign stuff.

Tobers....is the QPR stuff yours then? The two of Heidur Helgusson out-jumping the keeper and the one underneath?

The large full-page of Jamo is mine as well. Got to say The Sun's Super Goals is definitely the pick of the bunch for football coverage!

The two of Helgusson plus the one of the Palace manager are mine. Why they used that other shot of the celebration I don't know, as the players were straight at me and I got some cracking emotion close in shots.

Strangely I was so pleased that ingot the celebration that I forgot I had the winning goal until 10 mins later when going through all the pics!

I cancelled Hull v Coventry (good job too!) as I ended up with a paid job. Anyone at Accy Stanley will have had a busy afternoon though! (y):LOL::LOL::LOL:

ha! lancashire telegraph... 12 pics published.. including front (small headline) and a goal cele on back page .. inside pics from all 7 goals plus a couple from the all out fight that ended up wiht 1 gills player and our assistant manager being sent off.

Always best to ask..
I did inline Hockey on sunday.. the team clubbed together to hire me to shoot one of there matches.. I then got onto my contact at MEN and sold one pic to the Salford advertiser (will be pub this week).. Not many inline hockey pics published in this country...worth an email to ask :)

Rushden & Diamonds tonight (Tue) for me... Dont think I ahve been there before.. hope this cold dont turn into man-flu or thats going to be a horrible 3 hr drive :(

Oooh, Daily Mail today is carrying my Bellamy cele picture from his debut.

Only 6 weeks late. I knew it'd see the light of day eventually. pg82 if anyone's interested.

I am now poorly and just turned down a job for tonight (burnley reserves) gotta stay in and be right for weekend.. no sick pay for me :(

Good news being with whatevers in the northern echo today...I now have my 15 non league published for my league licence... just gotta wait to get paid so i can show proof then put the application in :)

I am now poorly and just turned down a job for tonight (burnley reserves) gotta stay in and be right for weekend.. no sick pay for me :(

Good news being with whatevers in the northern echo today...I now have my 15 non league published for my league licence... just gotta wait to get paid so i can show proof then put the application in :)

Nicely done Tony...how did you manage to get this (feel free to PM) done so fast?

Nicely done Tony...how did you manage to get this (feel free to PM) done so fast?

I gave myself a target of 6 mths and did it in 5 weeks :) you ahve to find regional papers who cover non league football.... they will already be covered for home games but unlikely to send staff to away games... find out where they are playing and offer to cover it.... I did a 400 mile round trip last night and commision just about covered fuel.. but its pics published to the licence... if you look all around the country you will find somehting :)

Once i ahve the licence then the league pics i get published regularly will cover the following yrs licence.. easy peasy..

I ahve to wait around 6 weeks now for proof of payment to arrive then i can put my application in :)

Oooh, Daily Mail today is carrying my Bellamy cele picture from his debut.

Only 6 weeks late. I knew it'd see the light of day eventually. pg82 if anyone's interested.

Excellent news! It's nice to get a surprise like that. Doubtful I'll see it though :D.

Good work Tony - once you're in I'm sure you'll be like a man possessed. Just make sure you dont come down south near my patch :D.

Good work Tony - once you're in I'm sure you'll be like a man possessed. Just make sure you dont come down south near my patch :D.

I aint going to be doing any different games from the ones I do now... having my own licence just means that I can now send pics from the games i do.. to the nationals as well.. I couldnt before.. I can also supply to away teams papers.... Just gives me more control and possible more income :)

No plans to be going to any other matches hoping to sell a picture..

I aint going to be doing any different games from the ones I do now... having my own licence just means that I can now send pics from the games i do.. to the nationals as well.. I couldnt before.. I can also supply to away teams papers.... Just gives me more control and possible more income :)

No plans to be going to any other matches hoping to sell a picture..

Shame you didn't have a licence in time for the 11 goal thriller last Saturday. Could've been a good earner!

Back