This weekends wedding ( C&C welcome )

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a wedding this weekend, and the weather wasn't looking good, but all the important parts of the day ended up in between the showers :banana:

So here are a few of my shots.

_D309735.jpg

_D300147.jpg

_D300168.jpg

_D312946.jpg

_D300040.jpg

_D300383.jpg

_D300386.jpg

_D300414.jpg

_D300421.jpg

Comments welcome as always.

Pete

#3 for me. It's the bride's day and I think this is the best bride shot.

Thanks for the comment. I have a few similar ones of the bride, but only posted one, and I have to say that's my personal favourite.

Pete

Oh and if there are any seasoned wedding pros that have a spare 20mins or so I'd appreciate it if someone could cast their eye over the full gallery ( of about 80 images ) to critique it for me. I really want to improve my skills so could do with plenty of honest feedback and advice :)

Pete

Good work. Im hoping these arent the only ones of the B&G's first dance :shrug:

You have a Nikon D3 and indoors in the half dark only have it on ISO400... and have therefore only been able to use 1/2 second at F2.8

Try to wop the ISO up to 1600 in this circumstance to give you faster shutter speeds. Sometimes its good to get movement in this sort of stuff but not with the B&G. Thats just my opinion though :D

Oh... and fill in flash even outside wouldve given the bride some nice catchlights in her eyes. (y)

Glad the day went well.

Good work. Im hoping these arent the only ones of the B&G's first dance :shrug:

You have a Nikon D3 and indoors in the half dark only have it on ISO400... and have therefore only been able to use 1/2 second at F2.8

Try to wop the ISO up to 1600 in this circumstance to give you faster shutter speeds. Sometimes its good to get movement in this sort of stuff but not with the B&G. Thats just my opinion though :D

Oh... and fill in flash even outside wouldve given the bride some nice catchlights in her eyes. (y)

Glad the day went well.

:agree:

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah I realise I should have used some fill flash on the bride shots. I need to get some more practice at using fill flash in that sort of situation before the next one.

Here's another

_D312950.jpg

I do have some other first dance shots Janice, but those I thought were the most interesting. I have to say I need to print some more high ISO shots from the D3, I still can't get that "keep the ISO low" mentality that I've had for years out of my head.

Pete

The new dedicated flashes make fill flash a doddle. Just turn it on and there you go!! You expose for the background and the flash does the rest. (y)

I would be happy with these but the main question is are the B&G happy with them...

Shutterman

Now that is the million dollar question... The wedding was on Friday/Saturday and they're on honeymoon for 3 weeks so I won't know for a while. We are going to be meeting up shortly after they get back to go through them.

I shot a Sikh wedding in March and have just been asked to pencil in their first wedding anniversary so I'm getting repeat business so I must be doing something right :D

Pete

Thats all that matters then...

Well on the one hand yes, if the customer is happy then you're doing a good job.

But... I still have so much to learn, and I want people to look at their photos and go WOW and really love them, and for me to be able to look at them and think they're the best I could do. Right now I don't think I'm there, and I'm a huge critic of my own work. I still only consider myself to be an average tog, but I want to be an awesome one. :)

Pete

Back