Thornwick Bay

Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, I'm feeling slightly more confident so don't hold back! :D

thornwick.jpg

Ribby, that's a very nice shot indeed, but it needs sharpening. When you reduce a pic in size for web viewing, it loses a little definition in the process and needs sharpening. I think there's also a lot of subtle detail and colour in those foreground rocks which could be brought out to really see this shot at it's best.

You never know, one our tame PS guys might have a go at it for you. ;)

Hi Ribby and welcome to the photography forums. Your picture is well composed, a little on the light side but still a very good shot. A little play in an art program like paintshop or photoshop could bring it to life a little though. Hope you don’t mind but I have had said play…..all I did was Auto levels and colour and adjusted brightness and contrast, then added border. Have a search round for a trial version of any of the above software if you don’t already have them…..also search in tutorials on here for info on borders etc.
1_G.jpg

LOL. Good job Ken - I just knew you wouldn't be able to resist that one!! :D

CT said:
LOL. Good job Ken - I just knew you wouldn't be able to resist that one!! :D
It was such a good shot....and I'm envious as I don't get to the beach to shoot this kinda thing myself.

Thanks CT, I was wondering why it looked blurry when I scaled it down. I've used the "sharpen more" filter in photoshop. Any better?

thornwick2.jpg

KenCo1964 said:
Hi Ribby and welcome to the photography forums. Your picture is well composed, a little on the light side but still a very good shot. A little play in an art program like paintshop or photoshop could bring it to life a little though. Hope you don’t mind but I have had said play…..all I did was Auto levels and colour and adjusted brightness and contrast, then added border. Have a search round for a trial version of any of the above software if you don’t already have them…..also search in tutorials on here for info on borders etc.

Great stuff, thanks Ken :)

The 'Sharpen More' filter is a bit savage Ribby and best left alone. Use either the 'Sharpen' filter or 'Unsharp Mask'. There's a tutorial on sharpening in that section I think. Actually there are so many ways you can sharpen an image, but as long as you remember to sharpen when you rediuce in size, you've made a good start. :)

Or 'Smart Sharpen' if you have CS2.

great shot, love it. Where is this bay? it reminds me of Sewerby, the wife and i went there a few months ago, when it was warm (seems like years ago)
stevannie

stevannie said:
great shot, love it. Where is this bay? it reminds me of Sewerby, the wife and i went there a few months ago, when it was warm (seems like years ago)
stevannie

Thanks Stevannie, it's about 5 minutes up the road from Sewerby at Flamborough. I live about a mile from Sewerby in Bridlington, small world! :)

ahh sewerby, great place, really enjoyed it. We visited Flamborough head, and the Nature reserve at Bempton cliffs, went into bridlington, and we will definately be back there.
stevannie

Back