Thorpe marsh last autumn with a touch of hdr

Edit My Images
Yes
As it says really, the straw really was that colour in the autumn sun

thorpe_marsh.jpg

and before anyone asks ... yes the horizon is level, it just looks wonky.

Hello Dave. Now there's a blast from the past. I'm a Donny lad, used to live not far from Thorpe Marsh at Toll Bar, so I know it very well. The pics not bad, though I'd like to have seen the bales lower in the frame, using the 'rule of thirds' giving more sky too. Also show more of the bales. Bales are good!
It looks a touch 'light' though. Maybe a bit of a dabble with the shadows and light settings in PS would add to the shot, also bring up the saturation too, give the sky some depth.

Thanks for the memories mate! (y)

i like the composition, but i think sometimes people need to remember that horizons are not always level.
the tops of the cooling towers however i suspect should be level..

i like the composition, but i think sometimes people need to remember that horizons are not always level.
the tops of the cooling towers however i suspect should be level..

Hi Andy
the cooling towers are in a horse shoe shape, and taken at an angle, the bit which is the horizon is part of the flood defenses

Hello Dave. Now there's a blast from the past. I'm a Donny lad, used to live not far from Thorpe Marsh at Toll Bar, so I know it very well. The pics not bad, though I'd like to have seen the bales lower in the frame, using the 'rule of thirds' giving more sky too. Also show more of the bales. Bales are good!
It looks a touch 'light' though. Maybe a bit of a dabble with the shadows and light settings in PS would add to the shot, also bring up the saturation too, give the sky some depth.

Thanks for the memories mate! (y)

Hi Stu

hows this?
thats as much of the bales as i could get, there was a hedge in the way!

thorpemarsh2.jpg

Back