Thorpe (Yorkshire Dales National Park)

Edit My Images
No
There was a really nice light on the hills that I wanted to capture plus the sky was very moody like it was hit and miss whether it would rain so I did a touch of HDR to this shot. Hope it is not overdone.

This was taken on the outskirts of a small farm in a desolate part of the Yorkshire Dales.

2793582915_61bb88e062.jpg

Great image, nice processing (and doesn't look over cooked with HDR!), only thing that is missing is a focal point. The trees in the middle aren't quite enough.

I am so torn with this image myself. I love the landscape but hate the foreground. yeah I agree, it needs a focal point, I may not have looked hard enough for one.

I do know that I couldnt get across the wall without upsetting the farmer quite a fair bit, he was grumpy about me being there anyway

Nice image. I always think of James Herriot and his books on being a vet in Yorkshire when one of you denizens of Great Britain posts a pic or two.

Last edited:
and hunter, I have just commented on a great picture of the north dakota badlands. It looks incredible!

I still keep looking at this pic of mine and thinking "it needs a focal point"

and hunter, I have just commented on a great picture of the north dakota badlands. It looks incredible!

I still keep looking at this pic of mine and thinking "it needs a focal point"

Not sure how much picture you really have to work with, but have you thought of cropping out all the foreground and giving the photo a panoramic-like perspective? I have to agree that as it currently is presented, there isn't a subject to tie it all together.

I've taken the liberty of cropping your photo and doing just a bit of cloning to even things out a bit. There's a definite halo along the hilltops; don't know if I caused that or if it was already there. At any rate, taking the disturbed land out of the foreground helps, IMHO.

If you don't like it, I'll remove it.

Yorkshire.jpg

Last edited:
yeah that really helps does that. tried to do it myself but I cant do any decent cloning so will leave yours up as mine just doesnt do any justice to it

Back