Those GR4 images...published!

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
No
As some of you may remember, I was asked a while ago to photograph ZA600 as part of the 41 Squadron 95th anniversary celebrations. (Read here for more info if you missed it). I posted some images up, but kept the ones to myself which I thought would be used so that they could be unveiled at a hangar bash at 41Sqn.

So, here are 8 of those images. Typically, the ones I didn't think would be used were, and vice versa, so I'll post up the ones I kept quiet too! :D

The brochures (taken on my phone):

30108539.jpg

Front cover:
18887827.jpg

Inside cover:
51454995.jpg

On the ground with Spitfire EB-G; location wasn't the best!
21194435.jpg

Described as a 'wing-man' :LOL:
20353456.jpg

43930494.jpg

Can't work out what I'm more jealous of. The shots or the fact that you got to take such fantastic shots sat in the cockpit of one of my favourite jets.

Fantastic

To both..Location and shots

Wow, nice shots,

I think everyone viewing this is going to be wishing they were sat where you were!

Nice one

Can't work out what I'm more jealous of. The shots or the fact that you got to take such fantastic shots sat in the cockpit of one of my favourite jets.

Yep it's definitely a toss up. the 12 o'clock high(?) shot for me.

Incredible.

I agree with MattyG! What an amazing opportunity that was and you made full use of it with beautiful shots.

If you ever need a second tog... :LOL:

A cracking set Grez. Some very good compositions there. You should be very proud of these.

Kev.

Officially hate you!! But LOVE your work lol :LOL:

I have to agree here - really really envious of you.

But awsome pics (y)

For the high pics, what plane are you in ?

Bet it sounds fantastic up there, as well !

Truly awesome set. You are one lucky so and so.

Must be one of the best set's I've ever seen.

Thanks everyone, you're too kind :) As said, I was in a Hawk from 100Sqn for the air-air shots. It's a very agile aircraft, but it did struggle to keep up with the twin-engined Tonka a few times, especially on take-off! I'm on a campaign at the moment to try and do a similar shoot for one of the Typhoon squadrons...keep your fingers crossed!

A real treat, well done, very, very nice work.

Stunning set fella :clap:

I feel some are cropped a little tight up to the tail fin but other than that I like 'em, lots :)

Thanks again every one, really appreciate the kind words :)

Phil - They're intended for media so they have to be cropped tight I'm afraid. As well as being used in the brochure, they have been in the RAF news and are intended for other publications too, and unfortunately not all magazines are into the 'broadsheet' style of photography. My intent was to shoot a mixture of both so that I could aim to get maximum exposure from them. The RAF News went straight for the tightly cropped stuff, while the producers of the brochure were a bit more open-minded. I appreciate what you're saying though, and I prefer the loose, scenic shots as opposed to just the aircraft too.

Amazing!!!! thanks for sharing and for your support in hot places, you guys got us out of the dark brown stuff on plenty of occasions (y);)

Fabulous shots.

I think they'd also make for the perfect school boy 'must have' poster.

Awesome pictures - here's looking forward to the Typhoons

Congratulations, an excellent photo set. I love the one looking up at the pilot with the plane above!

Great shots! Congratulations on getting them published. Is the fit in some shots cleared for general consumption?

Cheesy

Holy cow love those, thanks for putting them up ! Even though I am totally scared of heights I am seriously jealous :D

Thanks everyone! :)

Great shots! Congratulations on getting them published. Is the fit in some shots cleared for general consumption?

Cheesy

Thanks (y) Yeah, the first place these images hit is our MCOs office, who then clear them for general use (which is why they're then allowed to be published/distributed). Hopefully these will create more air-air work for us with other squadrons!

Back