Thought it was an exciting butterfly - Just a Common Blue

Name
Sara
Edit My Images
Yes
After my panicky couple of minutes noted some where else on the TP ether, I set my camera to M, f11 and 1/300 and the speedlite to 1/2 power. I found what I initially thought were Adonis Blue butterflies - Extensive research later, just look like Common blue of the female variety :shrug:

3824203848_5ce8dc9181_o.jpg

3823400633_343522967d_o.jpg

C+C welcomed as this is try number 2 with the Speedlite (y)

Beautiful images, I am envious. Personaly I would just slightly darken the background to emphasise the butterflys more. Cracking shots though.

Nice shots, I like no.1 - sharp and good colours - keep experimenting with your flash and settings, your pics are looking good - I am working on a 'pringles' tube flash diffuser? - i will keep you posted.

What do you mean "just a Common Blue" ... :eek:

That is a stunning enough shot to make it look really exciting to me... (y)

It is not often we get to see how beautiful this little creature really is... :D

:p

Very nice Sara #1 for me (y)

Thanks very much for all your comments guys - Really enjoying the flash on the macro lens - The difference it makes is out of this world!

When I said just a Common Blue Ven, I thought I had an Adonis blue and a Brown Argus - I was gutted - Damn things!!

I am surprised how different the females are to the males - I def thought I had a different type of flutter.

When I said just a Common Blue Ven, I thought I had an Adonis blue and a Brown Argus - I was gutted - Damn things!!

I am surprised how different the females are to the males - I def thought I had a different type of flutter.

I do know what you mean Swag and I caught the tone in your accompanying text... ;) ... but they are all exciting to me especially when photographed so well, as in your shots... :D

:p

Sara, your shots with the flash are really taking butterfly pics to another level. The richness and depth of colour is amazing. Being able to use ISO 100 is a real bonus for quality too.

fantastic work yet again :clap:

Nice shots BUT I like to point out you details are not correct you did not have f11 and 1/300
Photo one is
# Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/400 second ===> 0.0025 second
# Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 11/1 ===> ƒ/11
# ISO Speed Ratings = 100
And photo two is
# Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/200 second ===> 0.005 second
# Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 11/1 ===> ƒ/11
# ISO Speed Ratings = 100

Thanks for all your comments - Cheers for pointing out the exif Chaz, if we split the difference between 1/400 and 1/200 does that make 1/300?!!(y)- Since upgrading to IE7 Opanda doesn't work :crying:

Great set - only wish we had some Common Blues to photograph, I have not seen many butterflies at all this year.

Were they all taken with just the 100mm lens or ?

Have you tried out the Raynox in conjunction with that lens? I was wondering if it would be successful?

Taken with the 100mm and flash. I always found the Raynox left me with such a narrow DoF the pics were crap. With flash, I may find that different - May have a play in the week.

Stunning shots here swag. I just got my extension tubes delivered and I can't wait to give them a try. I would really love to get something of this quality :clap:

Back