Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Nikon D70s Digital SLR Camera Body & Charger + 2GB Card

Worth it?

How would it compare to a D3000?

Many thanks

Again, unless you need the 1/500 flash sync speed then I think you'll find the D70s poorer in almost all respects than a D3000. It's only real saving grace is that it has a motor, which the D3000 doesn't, meaning you have access to much wider range of (mainly older) lenses.

Thanks Flash.

Flash sync speed isn't really a consideration for me now I understand more about it.

The D70S is a good bit cheaper than the D3000. I also like the sound of access to a wider range of lenses.

Is 160 a fair price? Almost immaculate condition?

I think, at the moment, I'm between a real budget camera like the D70S or moving up to a D3100. The HD video justifies the jump in price bracket.

I had the Nikon D70s and one downside is it is very heavy on the battery. It also doesn't have a self clean sensor system. But apart from it being a 6 meg pix camera it is ok.

Realspeed

I had a D70 and it was a great camera. Downside, very small rear screen, upside, takes all Nikon lenses and takes great pictures.

I would say £160 is a good price for a minty one but if it were me I would wait until I could afford the D3000. Its just newer and better.

Andy

Back