Thoughts on Mono set

not sure if you were looking for a "retro" look but thats what you have achieved. if not try moving your "blacks" to the left to achieve a better black and less grey hth mike also use the tone curve. hth mike hope you don't mind i had a little play with the last shot to show what i mean.(if you don't like it its gone) b+w conversions are not as easy as you may think.;)

Last edited:
Totally my kind of processing so a big thumbs up from me, what a real cutie too..

Really great set, lovely compositions and lighting to boot:D

not sure if you were looking for a "retro" look but thats what you have achieved. if not try moving your "blacks" to the left to achieve a better black and less grey hth mike also use the tone curve. hth mike hope you don't mind i had a little play with the last shot to show what i mean.(if you don't like it its gone) b+w conversions are not as easy as you may think.;)

tp photo.jpg by Mike Rockey, on Flickr

Thanks for the feed back much appreciated, as regards the blacks I've purposely mashed the blacks by adjusting the tonal curve up in the shadows, not to everyone's taste but I like it at the mo.

in your original post you said "Just getting to grips with lightroom and my processing techniques"
Thanks for the feed back much appreciated, as regards the blacks I've purposely mashed the blacks by adjusting the tonal curve up in the shadows, not to everyone's taste but I like it at the mo.
you should have said that in the first place as i thought you were getting used/just learning lightroom. :( ive taken my edit down :exit:

in your original post you said "Just getting to grips with lightroom and my processing techniques"

you should have said that in the first place as i thought you were getting used/just learning lightroom. :( ive taken my edit down :exit:

Sorry if I wasn't very clear, I've not long started using lightroom I used to use photoshop and other peoples actions for my PP, but recently started using lightroom creating my own presets/style , because when I used photoshop I used to struggle getting the images looking the same consistently, finding it much easier using LR :)

Just lovely. I can't stand kids in general! Horrible squeaky things that spread diseases but those are cracking shots.
HA! That did make me chorkle!

I think these images are great. Love the processing, right up my alley these are. Very nice indeed! :)

I really like the processing - gives these a retro feel without looking too mushy.

Back