Thoughts on phone upgrade

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently have a galaxy note 3, that I can upgrade in the next couple of months. I really like the size of screen and don't really want to go back to a smaller screen.

Currently thinking of the Nexus 6, or potentially Note 4 of LG G4. Ideally would want the Note 5 but its not being released in the UK (not yet anyway). Not really looking to spend more than approx £30 and has to be on 02 really as that the only network where we get good signal where we live.

Thinking of this deal at the moment:

Can get all of these phones with 3gb data, unlimited calls and text £31 month (free nexus 6 or LG G4 or £25 for the Note 4) - all from mobiles.co.uk

Just wondered if anyone has any personal experience of these handsets, or if they have seen any better deals on o2.

I have the LG G3 and find it a very good phone. Must assume the G4 would be enhanced further.

Recently moved from nexus 5 to nexus 6 and initially thought the n6 was a bit big, but it now just seems like a "normal" size and the n5 simply feels like a tiny toy!

LG G4 £372 from http://www.clove.co.uk/lg-g4

Then 4gb Data, 1000 min unlimited Text £11.99 :) ( no 4g yet) or
Giff Gaff same deal but £15

Who is the £11.99 deal with? I'd probably miss 4g though.

The giff gaff deal doesn't work out any cheaper over 24 months and I'd have a high initial pay out, so don't think that's as a good a deal

Recently moved from nexus 5 to nexus 6 and initially thought the n6 was a bit big, but it now just seems like a "normal" size and the n5 simply feels like a tiny toy!
What's the battery life like on the nexus 6?

What's the battery life like on the nexus 6?
A lot better than the n5! With the n5 I was usually down to about 25% at the end of the day but I don't think the n6 has gone below 50% yet, but I expect I will need the extra battery life next time I'm travelling away from home.

Tpo have not made the switch yet as they pig back EE Network, gif gaff have not long long fully upgraded to 4g pigbacking on O2 network

Last edited:
Think it's going to be either the note 4 or LG G4 as I can't find any shops that stock the nexus 6. Although I'm going to purchase online I'd like to actual see the damn thing first.

That said the iPhone 6s plus does look interesting, but I just know it's going to cost far too much

The price of the nexus 6 has dropped recently with the imminent announcement of the new nexus phone. Pretty good time to pick one up. But it's a huge phone.

The price of the nexus 6 has dropped recently with the imminent announcement of the new nexus phone. Pretty good time to pick one up. But it's a huge phone.

i thought it was massive when i got it but after using it for a month it just seems like a normal sized phone

The problem is as much as I think I'd like it, I can't find one in shops anywhere. I at least want to hold one before buying. I don't think I'd find it too big as already have the note 3 which has a 5.7" screen so not that much smaller.

Just got a Note 4 from flea bay must say I am very impressed by it in every department its screen is amazing and browsing is super fast.

I hear lots of folks talk positively about the one plus two if you're looking for the most tech for your $.

Think it's going to be either the note 4 or LG G4 as I can't find any shops that stock the nexus 6. Although I'm going to purchase online I'd like to actual see the damn thing first.

That said the iPhone 6s plus does look interesting, but I just know it's going to cost far too much

Go for the note 4 as I got mine on eBay and I am chuffed!

If you want the best camera phone on the market... get the LG G4 ;)

12011167_10156112972035305_8774056182853649930_n.jpg

11215822_10156112972085305_8892894183609068762_n.jpg

11217829_10156112972160305_2201238387207496640_n.jpg

12039230_10156112972250305_5492792867768887981_n.jpg

If you want the best camera phone on the market... get the LG G4
Not wanting to hijack the topic but how do you find the LG in every other respect? Thinking of changing from iPhone 5

LG G3 user here, but find it bit slow sometimes, i think HTC one was faster :) but next buy is LG G4 anyway :)

I have a IPhone 6s 128gb on the way, cannot seem to move away from Apple it just works & works with a reboot once in a long while, but my eldest has the LG G4 and won't go back to Apple :)

Also now thinking of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ after having a play with it today

Still happy with my note 3 so definite vote to the note 4.
No point waiting for the note 5 as no sd card and fixed back cover, enough to put me off.

Also considering the nexus 6p - can get for a similar price and not actually released yet. Hoping to have a play with one once released

Being an IPhone user I'm biased as I just find IPhones work, android a bit slow and patchy... However I do have 2 androids Samsung S4 and Sony Z2, if I was getting an android now it would be the new Sony Z5 the fact that the Sony battery life is absolutely emmense makes it a nice phone, talking a week on standby if not more. In fact a full day of calls is 50% where the Samsung would have died around 4pm

100 million European mobile phones find their way to land fill each year.

i'm still using the Samsung Galaxy S3 I bought second hand a few years ago.

I think consumerism with some typea of products is getting a bit out of hand.

100 million European mobile phones find their way to land fill each year.

i'm still using the Samsung Galaxy S3 I bought second hand a few years ago.

I think consumerism with some typea of products is getting a bit out of hand.

Can't ever remember binning a mobile - they have always gone on ebay to help fund the next one.

Can't ever remember binning a mobile - they have always gone on ebay to help fund the next one.
Me too. Although I suppose it depends if you have a recent model that is worth selling I suppose.

Back