Thoughts on this cheap flash?

even from the back display?

hmm. not so cheap then plus I forgot about the good old jessops branded stuff, thanks for reminding me. what are your thoughts on the use of yours?

cheers

even from the back display?

hmm. not so cheap then plus I forgot about the good old jessops branded stuff, thanks for reminding me. what are your thoughts on the use of yours?

cheers

It's identical in every way to the jessops one, I havent used mine much but its seems very good indeed the wireless works well far better then a pop up flash on the camera.

For the money I would say they are a good buy.

Slightly OT question about the 360AFD - Can these be set to fire multiple times when being used with pt-04 wireless triggers? I want to be able to do long exposure biking shots with the flash strobing to freeze the subject in multiple positions.

Cheers
Chris

Slightly OT question about the 360AFD - Can these be set to fire multiple times when being used with pt-04 wireless triggers? I want to be able to do long exposure biking shots with the flash strobing to freeze the subject in multiple positions.

Cheers
Chris

Do you mean like a strobe-type effect? I don't think you'd be able to do that with any flash in manual mode...

I'm I pritty much limited to a teathered or on camera 580ex then? Can anything cheaper strobe, 430ex etc?

Cheers
Chris

If you don't mind dealing with the Minolta hotshoe flash (which adapters are available from Ebay cheaply, search for FS-1200), the Minolta 5400HS are a very good buy (for any users)

These are GU54 and go down to 1/32 power and have a strobe modelling light - but as these are not digital compatible (and hence Sony users don't want them!) they sell for peanuts. Picked one up for £69 from LCE with a 6month warranty.

The only thing I would say is that the hotshoe adapter (FS-1200 equiv) does extend the height of the flash by about 20mm, which might or might not be a problem. Seems to work fine with the Ezybox hotshoe though. And obviously you might not want to have to deal with the 'incompatible hotshoe' and obviously it can only be used in manual even on Sony/Minolta digital cameras.

Prices of the decent Canon/Nikon flashes seem to have gone a little crazy on Ebay, I assume because they are all know by the 'Strobists'.

Ow, that sounds like the kind of thing I'm after! Anybody have a old one they want to sell?

Cheers
Chris

Back