Thoughts Please

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
This is on the gates at Breighton yet this is the first time I have taken a shot as its nearly derelict so rathen than show it as it is a little processing has been done:naughty: to bring out its better side, what do you think and I know it will only appeal to a minority so honest crit please(y)

Mig.jpg

I like it !! (y)

only thing I would personally change would be the bottom 2cms ish of grass cropped off (upto that bit of a patch on the left side)

:D

Phil

not HDR but similar, its been tone mapped in dynamic photo suite

very powerful sky rendering adds to the aggressive motif of a fighter plane
did you do this black to white in the camera or process from colour

It is processed from a colour shot but the plane being silver helped the contrast out ...will post original under the processed one

The original

_DSC0073.jpg

Also does anyone know what it is I am thinking its Chinese/Korean as I cant recollect seeing any Mig/Sukhoi this shape before

Last edited:
damn fine b>w work...i still struggle with PS 2 remove colour method and then adjust the contrast levels
picassa 2 has filtered b>w but its a bind using two software progs to do one shot
cheers
geof

Thanks Geof it looks superb full size (its now my desktop) if you pm email address I will send it to you or anyone else who wishes to see it

Great plane and really nice work on the processing matey. Like this a lot. Much prefere the mono personally too.

That's a great B&W conversion and the tone-mapping is really well done. I can't help feeling, though, that I'd like to see just a little more space in front of the nose to give it a bit more balance.

Just noticed the work you must have done to remove the tree on the right. I wouldn't have even thought that from seeing the final version.

That's a great B&W conversion and the tone-mapping is really well done. I can't help feeling, though, that I'd like to see just a little more space in front of the nose to give it a bit more balance.

Just noticed the work you must have done to remove the tree on the right. I wouldn't have even thought that from seeing the final version.

I am taking everyones comments and will be re-editing it with all the changes and posting it here later today(y)

I like it, I think the sky looks very foreboding. I too would be interested to know what it is too. I thought I knew a fair bit about aircraft but this one has me stumped

I am a newbie, so compared to everyone else you can probably take what I think with a pinch of salt but above was exactly what I was thinking - only put my finger on it when I saw the original.

It is amazing what transformations can take place in photo editing suites. I just LOVE that sky!

I am a newbie, so compared to everyone else you can probably take what I think with a pinch of salt but above was exactly what I was thinking - only put my finger on it when I saw the original.

It is amazing what transformations can take place in photo editing suites. I just LOVE that sky!

New or old members, I try to take on everyones comments and the new edit is coming on well with more showing to the front..........3hrs of cloning so far I hope you all like it :LOL:

I couldnt get the processing 100% the same as I deleted the data but its close but this time less foreground and a bit more to the nose

_DSC0072_fhdr.jpg

Those changes have made a huge difference to me. I like! Would never have the patience for so much cloning though:LOL:, well persevered!

Love the B&W versions. Not keen on the orig colour though.

Love the B&W versions. Not keen on the orig colour though.

The original does nothing for me, I have gone past it 20 times and not bothered with it but today I saw a photo in my head so took the shot and played around with it and the result is .....well I think its a good un(y)

Ah, so after commenting on your updated post I can now see your starting point - the B &W conversion has transformed the image dramatically.

Thanks Mark it took nearly 12 hrs to get it to this stage with the cloning not looking correct

I couldnt get the processing 100% the same as I deleted the data but its close but this time less foreground and a bit more to the nose

_DSC0072_fhdr.jpg

I like that version the best, Pete (y) The extra bit of space around the nose has transformed the image, it was just a little tight before. If I was to nitpick I'd perhaps like to see just a touch more space to the right of the wing, but it's not a deal breaker :)

Thanks for all the great feedback guys n gals, and FiTP there wasnt anymore room to the right otherwise a HUGE clone would have been needed ...never mind

Its dark, moody and I bl**dy love it! - Excellent processing! Big thumbs up.

Thanks Prodrive, like I said I have gone past it more times and never even given it a glance but when it did catch my eye I thought" theres a good shot in it" so took the plunge and hoped people would like the transformation .....it worked and I am glad I put it here to see, after all thats what this site is about, seeing others imagination running wild and showing off what we shot

Back